Myles Jury moving to featherweight, joins new team at Power MMA & Fitness

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

Top 10 ranked fighter Myles Jury is making a few changes to his career including a new weight class and a new team to help him prepare for his next bout in the Octagon.

Jury announced on Monday that he would be dropping down to the featherweight division for his next fight in the UFC after competing exclusively at 155 pounds in his previous bouts with the promotion.

Jury is a former 'Ultimate Fighter' competitor who is currently ranked No. 8 in the world at lightweight, but he will make the move down to 145 pounds for his next bout later this year.

"Myles was tested a little over 16-percent body fat and not exactly eating the best," Jury's manager Ryan Hass said when speaking to FOX Sports. "One of his great changes this year was finally getting his nutrition intake at the highest level by starting with George Lockhart at FitnessVT.com.

"Now he's held onto his size while dropping the bad weight and ready to take over the featherweight division."

The move down to featherweight also comes with a big change to Jury's team as he has left Alliance Training Center in San Diego while joining a mass exodus of fighters who will now begin training at Power MMA & Fitness in Gilbert, Arizona.

Power MMA & Fitness is led by former UFC fighter Aaron Simpson with fighters such as Ryan Bader and C.B. Dollaway training out of the gym.

Continued at: Myles Jury moving to featherweight, joins new team at Power MMA & Fitness | FOX Sports

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think this could be a good move for him. Great fighter

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think this could be a good move for him. Great fighter
I don't know time will tell, but the dude is 15-1-0, he was doing pretty well at LW, untill the ceronne fight.
Why fuck it when you're doing this good, i hope the weight cut doesn't bother him i like the kid and how he conducts himself inside the cage.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Some great match ups for him. I always thought he looked pretty big at 155. He will be a huge 145er

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
i was wondering when this was gonna happen...not like that division gets any easier after cerrone. smart move on his part.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I don't know time will tell, but the dude is 15-1-0, he was doing pretty well at LW, untill the ceronne fight.
Why fuck it when you're doing this good, i hope the weight cut doesn't bother him i like the kid and how he conducts himself inside the cage.
I think he's after that McGregor payday.