General NAACP leader's 'racial profiling' claim challenged after body cam footage released

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
NAACP leader's racial profiling claim challenged after bodycam footage released

That's why you gotta wait until the facts come out IMO. People love to throw cops under the bus and will run with anything that makes them look like racist killers, but most cops are just there to do a job and put food on the table.

This NAACP leader straight up lied like a punk. Sad! I think body cams are great - they incriminate bad cops, and vindicate good cops. This dope owes the police for an apology, I'm sure cops get lied about like this all the time.

A South Carolina NAACP chapter president who says he was racially profiled during a traffic stop was accused of lying after police released video footage of the encounter, according to reports.

"Tonight, I was racially profiled by Timmonsville Officer CAUSE I WAS DRIVING A MERCEDES BENZ AND GOING HOME IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD," Timmonsville NAACP President Rev. Jerrod Moultrie said in an April 13 Facebook post, according to Fox 5 Atlanta.

"He made a comment that the officer accused him of having drugs in the car,” Timmonsville Police Chief Billy Brown said, according to the station. “He said that his wife and grandchild was in the car. He asked them not to move because the officer looked as if he might shoot them or something. He also made mention that the officer continued to ask him about his neighborhood. Why was he in that neighborhood? And threaten[ed] to put him in jail in reference to something dealing with the registration to the vehicle."

Brown told the station that after reviewing the bodycam video of the stop, he determined there was nothing to Moultrie’s claims.

"When I saw the video, I was shocked that someone who is supposed to be a community leader, a pastor, and head of the NAACP would just come out and tell a blatant lie,” the police chief said. “It bothered me. It really bothered me, thinking about the racial unrest it could've cost in the community and it's just troubling to me that someone who held a position like that would come out and just tell a lie.”

Based on the body camera footage, the officer who stopped Moultrie neither asked if he had drugs in the car nor why he was driving in the area,” the Raleigh News & Observerreported.

The paper reported that the officer stopped Moultrie for making a turn without signaling.

According to the paper, Moultrie’s Facebook post had been deleted.

Fox 5 quoted a local community activist as saying that he was so upset by Moultrie’s claims that he went to the police department to take a look at the video.

Timothy Waters of Florence said the video just made him more upset, the station reported.

"Once I got a copy of that bodycam, it's as if he made the whole story up. And I felt like he set us back 100 years because think about all of the racial profiling cases [that] are true," Waters said.

The station quoted Moultrie as declining further comment.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
It might classify as one of those "hate facts" that liberals talk about, I don't know!

But it shouldn't be an "African American" thing, there is a lot of disrespect towards cops from all races, and a lot of different races lie about cops. We had some white chick here accuse a cop of groping her while arresting her, but the of course the dash cam proved that to be BS.

I feel bad for cops. Thankless job and you have a lot of dickless mofos like this dude spreading lies. Sad!

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
It might classify as one of those "hate facts" that liberals talk about, I don't know!

But it shouldn't be an "African American" thing, there is a lot of disrespect towards cops from all races, and a lot of different races lie about cops. We had some white chick here accuse a cop of groping her while arresting her, but the of course the dash cam proved that to be BS.

I feel bad for cops. Thankless job and you have a lot of dickless mofos like this dude spreading lies. Sad!
Yes but which time does the world know about? We only know about one because of the color of his skin.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I just find it sad that a pastor - a man of god - would lie like that an openly promote ill feelings like this. Makes you wonder what else he's lying about... sad!

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He was starting to get to the “just listen to what I’m telling you” stage as he was staring to talk back but then backed down

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
When I worked in Yuma, once a year my company would do a get together of all the staff we had in town and hire a local Mexican restaurant to make tacos etc and the bigwigs from Maryland would fly in and spend the day with us drinking beer and eating tacos. Well one of the guys that worked at our office in town didn't show, so I asked wtf where is Johnny?

My boss told me he couldn't attend because he had to help his churches pastor with some stuff instead. I told him he should call him out on that shit. That fucking pastor had a jaguar, there's not even a jaguar dealership within 2 hours drive, and the biggest fucken house in town. And he was always enlisting the churches peons to help him with shit at the weekend. I tried telling Johnny it's a scam but my boss told me to shut up before he quits and sues us

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
It's true tho.

It's the biggest fucking scam on Earth. If I was Trump I'd demand the Vatican turn over every donated penny they ever got unless they post some verifiable proof, or I'd nuke them
People willingly give them their money, scam or not people are free to do as they please. If anything the government collecting taxes is a bigger scam than the Vatican. You probably think carbon taxes are there to protect the enviroment.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
People willingly give them their money, scam or not people are free to do as they please. If anything the government collecting taxes is a bigger scam than the Vatican. You probably think carbon taxes are there to protect the enviroment.
Charles Manson is doing life because people willingly committed murder for him.

He has a lot less killings under his help than Jesus...

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
What was your old screen name?

M

member 1013

Dey saved my environment

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
The Vatican will kill itself now that they're permitting gay. Not that there's anything wrong with gay, but old stuffy Christians will go hog wild it you take that boundary off, it'll be Sodom and Gomorrah all over again. Bunch of child fuckers

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Was he profiled? Maybe. Does a white dude in a suit get pulled over for not signalling a turn in that same situation? Maybe. Maybe not.

But I didn't see anything at all wrong with the cop's interaction with the driver. If he's the president of the NAACP and claimed the cop was unprofessional during the actual stop, that's pretty fucking sad. That's not a leader. That's an antagonist.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Was he profiled? Maybe. Does a white dude in a suit get pulled over for not signalling a turn in that same situation? Maybe. Maybe not.

But I didn't see anything at all wrong with the cop's interaction with the driver. If he's the president of the NAACP and claimed the cop was unprofessional during the actual stop, that's pretty fucking sad. That's not a leader. That's an antagonist.
The dude removed his FB post after because it was all bullshit. Said the cop asked if he had drugs in the car, acted like he was going to shoot his kid or something. What a doofus.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The dude removed his FB post after because it was all bullshit. Said the cop asked if he had drugs in the car, acted like he was going to shoot his kid or something. What a doofus.
Pathetic and sad.
Hopefully he is no longer associated with the NAACP.