NAC: Jon Jones passed out-of-competition drug tests, hit-and-run incident being monitored

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Bennett said there is not enough information right now to determine whether or not Jones, the UFC light heavyweight champion, would be licensed for his scheduled title defense against Anthony Johnson at UFC 187 in Las Vegas. But Bennett said Jones could be called before the commission ahead of the fight if chairman Francisco Aguilar and the commissioners believe it is warranted.

"It would all depend on the facts of the case," Bennett said.

A man suspected to be Jones allegedly ran a red light Sunday morning in Albuquerque, striking a car with a pregnant woman inside, according to the police report. The man, who was identified as Jones by an off-duty police officer at the scene, bolted from the vehicle after grabbing a handful of cash. Albuquerque PD has not been able to contact Jones for questioning and is currently working on a warrant for his arrest.

APD found a marijuana pipe with marijuana in it inside the vacant car involved in the accident. Also found was paperwork with the name "Jonathan Jones" and references to MMA and Nevada.

Bennett told MMAFighting.com that Jones passed multiple out-of-competition drug tests with regards to UFC 187. Those tests, though, would not determine whether Jones had used any recreational drugs.

NAC: Jon Jones passed out-of-competition drug tests, hit-and-run incident being monitored - MMA Fighting

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So Jones was tested for PEDs and clear, but not tested for other drugs. Any precedent for how a commission deals with licensing and criminal behavior?

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
So Jones was tested for PEDs and clear, but not tested for other drugs. Any precedent for how a commission deals with licensing and criminal behavior?
Can't see how it's a commission's business---we've got criminal courts for that. And civil courts if people want to sue. Good question though.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

I don't think you can test for peds and not for party drugs, because that's the first palet/menu
i am 100% WADA tests for party drugs, if you are positive, you just get a health warning letter.
and diaz also had to show a clean test including partdrugs, which was out of competition.

i only know the did not license chael because of his real estate scam, were he pleaded guilty to get a lower penalty.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I don't think you can test for peds and not for party drugs, because that's the first palet/menu
i am 100% WADA tests for party drugs, if you are positive, you just get a health warning letter.
and diaz also had to show a clean test including partdrugs, which was out of competition.

i only know the did not license chael because of his real estate scam, were he pleaded guilty to get a lower penalty.
They specifically said last time that they checked the wrong box, so extra tests were ran on the samples to check for recreational drugs. So, yes you can test for PEDs and not recreational drugs, and it is policy to not test for recreational drugs out of competition. Where in competition is considered the 24(48?) hour period in which you compete.

M

They specifically said last time that they checked the wrong box, so extra tests were ran on the samples to check for recreational drugs. So, yes you can test for PEDs and not recreational drugs, and it is policy to not test for recreational drugs out of competition. Where in competition is considered the 24(48?) hour period in which you compete.
nope, WADA policy test recreational drugs and NSAC said they follow those rules, but only if it is an advantage to them, they are corrupt!
i don't believe them jones was clean up to know...

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
nope, WADA policy test recreational drugs and NSAC said they follow those rules, but only if it is an advantage to them, they are corrupt!
i don't believe them jones was clean up to know...
Sorry, yeah you are right it is WADA policy to test for recreational drugs, but NSAC follow WADA guidelines for banned substances, which is what you hear the statements about regarding following WADA policy. NSAC policy is to not test for recreational drugs outside of competition, which I agree with.

M

Sorry, yeah you are right it is WADA policy to test for recreational drugs, but NSAC follow WADA guidelines for banned substances, which is what you hear the statements about regarding following WADA policy. NSAC policy is to not test for recreational drugs outside of competition, which I agree with.
Than explain me the rule that you need a clean test when you are coming off a suspension, like diaz, which is basically an out of comp test, but do include test for recreational drugs???
sounds double standards to me.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Than explain me the rule that you need a clean test when you are coming off a suspension, like diaz, which is basically an out of comp test, but do include test for recreational drugs???
sounds double standards to me.
That's the first I've heard of that, but I am going to assume they test for recreational drugs when your suspension is because of recreational drugs to check that you are not an addict, and can go a certain length of time without? If they check when you get suspended for PEDs, then that is just redundant and seems like an invasion of privacy, to me at least. I have no clue if the reason I gave you is correct, I don't think it is even a very good reason, I was just trying to give an explanation. It seems like there are a lot of policies which stem from drugs being illegal, and the all drugs are bad propaganda.

Another thought on why WADA test for recreational's in out of competition, but the NSAC don't, would be that the NSAC have to make their testing available to the public, whereas, WADA and Olympic testers don't. So they can test and send you a health warning letter, which is kept private, but NSAC can't do that since they are obligated to make all their records public. As far as I understand it anyway.

M

Another thought on why WADA test for recreational's in out of competition, but the NSAC don't, would be that the NSAC have to make their testing available to the public, whereas, WADA and Olympic testers don't. So they can test and send you a health warning letter, which is kept private, but NSAC can't do that since they are obligated to make all their records public. As far as I understand it anyway.
nah it gets out when WADA test you too
Tom Boonen admits drink and drug 'problem' after testing for cocaine - Telegraph

Tom Boonen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3x times for coke and once for alcohol

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
So what do those tests achieve? They don't put any sanctions on him because it is out of competition, there are no criminal charges, because the police and courts don't care. Does he really have a problem, or is he just a normal adult who likes to enjoy himself? Those tests don't tell us either way, and really it isn't anyone's business, but his own and his families.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I love jbj but his actions are so ridiculous its wavering my opinion of him...Hes had chances most don't get and is acting a fool..If he ends up fighting abd winning ppl will be freaking out..I don't know the whole story on his recent incident but I know for a fact he shouldn't have ever put himself in that position to begin with...

Its almost like hes too good to be true, like most of my sports figures or teams i root for..something always fucks up..Why wasnt i raised a Pats,Bulls and yankees fan lol..Instead im a Cubs,Pacers,and Colts fan..Though Andrew Luck might be the first athlete in a while I admire who isnt gonna jeopardize his career or freedom...Paul George knocks up a stripper andsnapped his leg,Jbj well u know the story, and Iron Mike ruined his prime..

On a positive note the Cubs are at 11 wins already abd have 5 of the brightest young stars..BRYANT,SOLER,RIZZO,Castro AND ADDISON RUSSEL will be nails...Colts keep the pattern going a rd further each year they will be in the SUPER Bowl..And Iron Mike is at peace slingn his radiator hose around on Celebrity Lip sync, so things are the up and up for me...GET YR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS JON JON...your way too gifted to throw your life away...

M

So what do those tests achieve? They don't put any sanctions on him because it is out of competition, there are no criminal charges, because the police and courts don't care. Does he really have a problem, or is he just a normal adult who likes to enjoy himself? Those tests don't tell us either way, and really it isn't anyone's business, but his own and his families.
The basic reason for dopingtests or peds test is because of health reason not for anti cheating, thats why they test for rec drugs.
Its the media who always takes the cheat angle.

M

I love jbj but his actions are so ridiculous its wavering my opinion of him...Hes had chances most don't get and is acting a fool..If he ends up fighting abd winning ppl will be freaking out..I don't know the whole story on his recent incident but I know for a fact he shouldn't have ever put himself in that position to begin with...

Its almost like hes too good to be true, like most of my sports figures or teams i root for..something always fucks up..Why wasnt i raised a Pats,Bulls and yankees fan lol..Instead im a Cubs,Pacers,and Colts fan..Though Andrew Luck might be the first athlete in a while I admire who isnt gonna jeopardize his career or freedom...Paul George knocks up a stripper andsnapped his leg,Jbj well u know the story, and Iron Mike ruined his prime..

On a positive note the Cubs are at 11 wins already abd have 5 of the brightest young stars..BRYANT,SOLER,RIZZO,Castro AND ADDISON RUSSEL will be nails...Colts keep the pattern going a rd further each year they will be in the SUPER Bowl..And Iron Mike is at peace slingn his radiator hose around on Celebrity Lip sync, so things are the up and up for me...GET YR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS JON JON...your way too gifted to throw your life away...
He needs to get his punishment for the hit an run, what i am getting pissed off about, is his eye pokes and those pussy refs who don't obey their own rules, warning, take a point, DQ, just because he is the champ. When he wasn't the champ he got DQ for an illegal elbow.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
The basic reason for dopingtests or peds test is because of health reason not for anti cheating, thats why they test for rec drugs.
Its the media who always takes the cheat angle.
Surely, health reasons are between the athlete and his doctor. What health reasons are there to do the tests? It isn't like the athlete didn't know he was doing them in the first place.

M

Surely, health reasons are between the athlete and his doctor. What health reasons are there to do the tests? It isn't like the athlete didn't know he was doing them in the first place.
That's because history show doctors aren't in it for the athlete's health but to make money out of it.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I'm no doctor but wouldnt doing massive amounts of blow leading up to a potentially grueling 25 minute fight put you at a greater risk of cardiac arrest during or right after the fight?

I think the NSAC should be aware of any recreational drugs at least within a 30 day window leading up to the fight.

After all, the NSAC is the one who would catch all the shit for licensing him if something went south.

M

After all, the NSAC is the one who would catch all the shit for licensing him if something went south.
nah, remember AS, the did not pull the fight even he tested OOC for roids. because money rulezz

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
He needs to get his punishment for the hit an run, what i am getting pissed off about, is his eye pokes and those pussy refs who don't obey their own rules, warning, take a point, DQ, just because he is the champ. When he wasn't the champ he got DQ for an illegal elbow.
true to all points...I feel for Rumble...Wonder what jbj wife thinks off all these incidents..

M

true to all points...I feel for Rumble...Wonder what jbj wife thinks off all these incidents..
as long the money comes in, his wife says nothing, when the money runs out, she leaves him.