Namajunas to Jedrzejczyk: If first win was a fluke, maybe I’ll get lucky again at UFC 223

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Noah K. Murray-USA TODAY Sports

After Rose Namajunas dethroned Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 217 last November, “JJ” made the media rounds offering up one excuse after another as to why she lost her title via first-round knockout (see it).

Aside from being a fluke win, according to Jedrzejczyk, her terrible weight cut had a lot to do with her tepid performance, as the team she used to work with to monitor her cut down to 115 pounds didn’t do its part.

Nevertheless, Joanna will have a chance to right her wrongs and get her title back when she rematches “Thug” Rose at the upcoming UFC 223 pay-per-view (PPV) event on April 7, 2018 in Brooklyn, New York. She just better hope Namajunas doesn’t get lucky once again.

“It could be true,” Rose told MMA Weekly in regards to Joanna’s reasons for the loss. “I can only control myself and I know I am training as hard as I can and when I do my best, I am the best. So regardless if she’s on point or not, hopefully she is the best version of herself and hopefully I get lucky again.”

Will Namajunas ‘Get Lucky’ Again At UFC 223?

Nov 21, 2015
No luck, just skill and training-

That jumping left hook around JJ's guard was beautiful and she
sniped her ass with that same punch more then once. That ain't a fluke.
Thug practiced that shit and executed the fuck out of it.

EDIT: Your last gif is wrong though. That one shows JJ tapping and she
clearly said she didnt tap. Please start posting the correct gifs.

Thanks

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Rose is doing everything right.
No ego, hard work, playing things close.
I like JJ, but its so easy to root for Rose.

You can't teach what she brings ton the table naturally.

PVZ doesn't want to cut her hair? I WILL
JJ is loud & boisterous? I WILL BE QUIET & CONFIDENT

Nov 21, 2015
Rose is doing everything right.
No ego, hard work, playing things close.
I like JJ, but its so easy to root for Rose.

You can't teach what she brings ton the table naturally.

PVZ doesn't want to cut her hair? I WILL
JJ is loud & boisterous? I WILL BE QUIET & CONFIDENT
Enjoyed her recent interview with Matt Sera

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqFttfw2ywI

Her and Pat used to post on that other board a while back until
jackasses ran them off. Any chance any of you guys with some pull can
get her and Pat to do a QA for us or atleast come say hi? Wild @Wild

Love me some Thug...and Pat too

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm interested to see JJ's demeanor this time around in the lead up to the fight. Will she tone down her 'intimidation' tactics? I always liked her but it was getting to the point where she was a parody of herself. It won't be a good look this time around!

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I like Rose's demeanor. That calm centered attitude was amazing in the face of JJ's verbal assault.

If JJ loses to Rose again it may he time to move up to 125.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
The mental game here is so intriguing. Rose has this new calm and balance about her. Joanna is one of the most self-confident fighters ever (make or female). I have no doubt each are going into this fully expecting to win. This fight may come down to whether Rose has any lingering self doubt or JJ is fighting her demons more than her opponent.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The mental game here is so intriguing. Rose has this new calm and balance about her. Joanna is one of the most self-confident fighters ever (make or female). I have no doubt each are going into this fully expecting to win. This fight may come down to whether Rose has any lingering self doubt or JJ is fighting her demons more than her opponent.
Is JJ setting the stage for an excuse here or pretending to be weak when she's as strong as ever?

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZmTKNDxOF/