'Naruto' and Universal Studios: Mike Perry describes unusual UFC on ESPN 12 prep

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Mike Perry didn’t have a run-of-the-mill fight camp in the leadup to UFC on ESPN 12.

At a virtual media day held Thursday, Perry (13-6 MMA, 6-6 UFC) described his unusual physical and mental preparation for his co-main event welterweight fight against Mickey Gall.

In a previous interview with MMA Junkie, Perry had revealed the lone corner for this fight would be his girlfriend, who does not have a martial arts background. Despite not being on a specific team with designated coaches, Perry said he thought his training camp wasn’t much different....

Continue reading:

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
odd guy. I'm liking him less as this rumbles on. mad how he was married to Danielle just a few months ago. now that's all finished, he has a new girlfriend, who he says is the only thing he cares about. and no coaches.

not judging his personal life per se, he can do what he wants. just from the perspective of having a stable mindset, getting the right training and advice, that everyone needs..

he's fucked. he's gone all-in on himself instinctively knowing what to do. I get that you need self-belief, but why back an untrained version of yourself, over a well-coached version of yourself?

that's stupid

M

member 1013

odd guy. I'm liking him less as this rumbles on. mad how he was married to Danielle just a few months ago. now that's all finished, he has a new girlfriend, who he says is the only thing he cares about. and no coaches.

not judging his personal life per se, he can do what he wants. just from the perspective of having a stable mindset, getting the right training and advice, that everyone needs..

he's fucked. he's gone all-in on himself instinctively knowing what to do. I get that you need self-belief, but why back an untrained version of yourself, over a well-coached version of yourself?

that's stupid
He’s not very bright

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He seems like a self destructive idiot.odds are he ends his career without a pot to piss in and floats around the regional scene for way too long like phil baroni

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I had no idea about this until I saw the fight. This dude cracks me up. I can't remember if it was bisping or Cruz talking about "she just told him to punch him in the face" they were about to laugh about it then Perry smacked him in the face and dropped him. It was great.