Sci/Tech NASA release time-lapse video of Artic Ice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Crazy that some people in the U.S. still think man-made global warming is a hoax.

It's not a hoax and it's not a political issue. It's science, fucktards.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Personally I hate old ice.
I like the new fresh ice caps.
I would prefer none so I can get my non-nuclear fishing on.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Bullshit. Everyone knows the world is flat.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Crazy that some people in the U.S. still think man-made global warming is a hoax.

why do you use the word hoax? is that a common phrase in mainstream media?

I do know there are cycles to Ice and temperature and climate, the only thing that you can count on is change.

I also believe that humans are speeding up certain parts of the cycle with xtra gasses.

I have also heard that some forecasts are for increased cold, so hard to know the truth....you can find confirmation bias all over on both sides of this subject.

I really have no opinion on it and am not even a white belt in knowledge...barely researched anything cause the topic is so loaded with pissed off folks.

please just answer "OK"

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
There's no denying in these changes. There's no denying in how we affect the environment. But to what extent, and is this trend reversible at all? The answers are hard to find because it is a politicized cause that moves dollars.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Cool vid.
That's a lot more effective than the bullshit scare tactics typically used.

By the way, how is Al Gore and his $250,000,000 net worth doing these days?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
is this trend reversible at all?
and this is the question I continually ask, and continually get crickets in response. I think people think I'm being a smart ass, but I'm not retarded enough to think that the capital of Canada should be 30 degrees in the middle of fucking February. Having said that, if memory serves humans only make up like 3% of the world's CO2 production.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
and this is the question I continually ask, and continually get crickets in response. I think people think I'm being a smart ass, but I'm not retarded enough to think that the capital of Canada should be 30 degrees in the middle of fucking February. Having said that, if memory serves humans only make up like 3% of the world's CO2 production.
Yes, before we attempt to correct a problem, first see what is causing it, and if it is fixable. This issue has been exploited from the very beginning, for political or monetary gains. It became an industry. And now all we stare at is muddled water.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Remember, it is an animation.
Yeah, I know.

I was going to make a smart ass comment pointing out that Earth wasn't rotating, but I actually felt the demonstration was well done. It didn't make any crazy predictions like....New York would be under water by 2015.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Yeah, I know.

I was going to make a smart ass comment pointing out that Earth wasn't rotating, but I actually felt the demonstration was well done. It didn't make any crazy predictions like....New York would be under water by 2015.
I figured. Just saying that the animation could be a distortion of what really is going on. Just hard to trust anything these days.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015

I had a discussion with an actual climate change scientist (on my facebook wall - I could post a link if anyone is interested) who said the science wasn't as cut and dry as people are claiming. He said that although we see a sharp rise in temperatures recently, it coincides with taking readings from places where urbanisation has increased, which also leads to local temperature increases. I think that may not be strictly true, having read a bit more. Maybe I'll resurrect the discussion.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I had a discussion with an actual climate change scientist (on my facebook wall - I could post a link if anyone is interested) who said the science wasn't as cut and dry as people are claiming. He said that although we see a sharp rise in temperatures recently, it coincides with taking readings from places where urbanisation has increased, which also leads to local temperature increases. I think that may not be strictly true, having read a bit more. Maybe I'll resurrect the discussion.
They take temperature readings from the arctic, amongst other places. Unless it has gone through a rapid urbanisation recently then he is slightly off base, or was making his point about a specific piece of research and not in general.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
There have been 7 known ice ages, that means there have also been 7 times the ice has also melted. The Glaciers have been receding for thousands of years. Hard to take serious when the same people that claim science on this tell me there is no difference between man and woman.