Nate Diaz first fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Young frosted tips Diaz in his first bare knuckle match.

His striking has improved dramatically since then.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I wonder what the rules were and how common these organized but unsanctioned fights are.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
I wonder what the rules were and how common these organized but unsanctioned fights are.
This particular fight was at the Animal House Gym in Lodi, CA. I know that because I recognize the gym and was a student/friend of the guy who announced the names at the beginning of the match. I'm pretty sure this fight was basically fought under Pancrase rules, i.e. open handed punches to the head, with closed punches to the body, with kicks allowed anywhere. Not sure about knees.

M

member 3289

This particular fight was at the Animal House Gym in Lodi, CA. I know that because I recognize the gym and was a student/friend of the guy who announced the names at the beginning of the match. I'm pretty sure this fight was basically fought under Pancrase rules, i.e. open handed punches to the head, with closed punches to the body, with kicks allowed anywhere. Not sure about knees.
Any idea if they got paid?

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
Any idea if they got paid?
I'm 99% sure that they wouldn't have gotten paid. I don't know that for sure though.
Just to add - This is also the gym where Jens Pulver started his career. This gym hosted Team Shamrock 2000, while it lasted. Pulver wasn't happy being there for some reason, so Bob Shamrock made a call and somehow hooked him up with Pat Miletich. I never met Pulver.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
I'm 99% sure that they wouldn't have gotten paid. I don't know that for sure though.

Just to add - This is also the gym where Jens Pulver started his career. This gym hosted Team Shamrock 2000, while it lasted. Pulver wasn't happy being there for some reason, so Bob Shamrock made a call and somehow hooked him up with Pat Miletich. I never met Pulver.
... and this was also the gym where Nick Diaz (Nick, not Nate) first started learning BJJ, under the tutelage of Steve Heath.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Awesome! Thanks for posting. He didn’t even flip the guy off!

M

member 603

Pancrase rules.... Or as the kids today call it... Combat JJ