Nate Diaz looking for May/June return???

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Conor vs nate 3...
That’s what I’m thinking too. With Tony/Khabib signed and Dana’s weird comments on the status of Conor as champ, my thought was that he was going to have a fight before he meets the winner of Tony/Khabib.

M

member 3289

Hopefully he’s just itching to fight enough to where the UFC and him can come to terms on SOMETHING.
He had a chance to fight Ferguson and turned it down because he wouldn't have gotten PPV points for that fight (only for subsequent fights if he had beaten Tony and won the belt).

Unless he's changed his mind about PPV points, I don't see him coming back for anything but a third Conor fight.

Who knows though, he might be running out of money...

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Conor said he isn't going to fight until September-ish, so it'll be someone else. Rumor is, Nate was offered Tyron at one point.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
I don’t like that fight for Nate. It should be a great scrap, but I don’t see a KO/TKO/Sub, and I think the judges will favor Eddie for coming forward more. It better be a main event - it would be a shame if this were only 3 rounds.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I don’t like that fight for Nate. It should be a great scrap, but I don’t see a KO/TKO/Sub, and I think the judges will favor Eddie for coming forward more. It better be a main event - it would be a shame if this were only 3 rounds.
Who would you match Nate up with? He has to be careful. If he loses to someone this summer, it takes some intrigue off the McGregor trilogy.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Who would you match Nate up with? He has to be careful. If he loses to someone this summer, it takes some intrigue off the McGregor trilogy.
I’d like to see him fight Furg personally. Not
because of the belt but because it’s a great matchup.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Agreed. If I were Nate (and especially his management), I would be solely focused on the McGregor trilogy fight. That is life-changing, generational money we are talking out. No other fight has an upside in in the realm of what he would stand to miss out on if the Conor fight doesn't happen.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
MMA Weekly's Damon Martin reporting that Dana has said Nate getting a title shot against Tyron and Nate/Conor III are both off the table at this time. With Ferguson/Khabib going ahead and Poirier/Gaethje signed, opponents for Nate are getting kinda slim. Alvarez would be in the conversation and Kevin Lee might be too.

Dana White Will Make Nate Diaz a Fight Offer Immediately But Rules Out Two Possible Opponents | MMAWeekly.com
Lee vs Nate would be fun build up.