Lifestyle Navy Seal explains why cold showers are good for you.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I take cold showers all the time in the summer, after coming in from working outside and being hot. Gonna try turning them cold at the end of every shower now though. Why not....cant hurt.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I take cold showers all the time in the summer, after coming in from working outside and being hot. Gonna try turning them cold at the end of every shower now though. Why not....cant hurt.
It feels terrible.

As an fyi, the quick change can cause a jump in heart rate.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I've been taking cold shower everyday since Nov last year. Life changer for me. Significantly reduced my stress, all the aching areas of my body, and I usually catch a cold during winter but I was totally fine this year. And right now is allergy season and I should be sniffing my nose all day but I'm totally fine.

Do it bros~ you guys are missing out.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I've been taking cold shower everyday since Nov last year. Life changer for me. Significantly reduced my stress, all the aching areas of my body, and I usually catch a cold during winter but I was totally fine this year. And right now is allergy season and I should be sniffing my nose all day but I'm totally fine.

Same here man. Do not have the recovery issues I had before. Use to take a Ibuprofen every now and then to lessen the aching. Not needed anymore. Also arthritis is way down, I can run like motherfucking Forrest Gump. Initially I had to get over the cold shock, but eventually got used to it.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

Wim hof is an impressive guy saw his thing on VICE

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Besides all the great benefits, like building brown fat tissue, losing fat, strengthening immune system, good for skin disorders, release of serotonin, melatonin, and endorphins, I think the real bang for the buck is in the mental side of it.

First, I feel like the effect is better during winter than when the weather is warm. But no matter how much cold showers I take, I still dread jumping in first thing in the morning, especially is cold.

like what Wim Hof says, I look at the entire process as a fight with myself. Cuz, it's not like I'm at the gym, trying to pump out my last few extra reps for the sake of showing off to someone, there's no one but myself during this process. So even though it suck balls the moment cold water hits my body but I have to fight myself and win. It's like conquering my ego. And when I'm done, the feeling I have is great and my energy and productivity throughout the entire day stays at the same level for most part.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Been showering with cold water for a week I feel like a navy seal.zero dark thirty.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Here are some side effects I noticed since I started cold showers

1) my scalp doesn't get dry and itch

2)hair isnt dry

3) my sore knees and hip went away

4) I'm shooting loads near Peter Northian levels.

5)lost about 5 lbs

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Been showering with cold water for about a month now I think it has made me more toned and a little bit stronger physically.

T

The Big Guy

Sound like broscience. If I'm exerting myself, the last thing I want is my blood vessels smaller in diameter.
Its only for a short time your vessels will go to normal one you reach 98 degrees. When your warm up your vessels enlarge to carry oxygen faster and farther. when you go real cold they constrict and push out the blood that doesnt circulate as fast and constricts to "squeeze" out the smaller capillarys and as it enlarges back to normal it gets refilled with fresh blood which aids recovery.

I do it and it definitely has a effect. My bro science puts it at about a 30% better increase in recovery

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
How does this work for us dusky types? Our ancestors hadnt seen or felt ice until whitey graced us with their presence

Surely this is like when white folk head out into the sun only in reverse

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Fuck that. My mirror's all steamed up after I get out I have the water so hot. Takes me forever to get into a pool when it's nearly 100 degrees outside.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
The first rule of being a Navy Seal should be that you cant tell anyone you are a Navy Seal. Has anyone ever been caught telling porkies about their Navy Seal status? They seem to be rather liberal with their TV appearances post super secret operations that nobody can know about... but you can go on TV.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I feel like this entire thread is an elaborate troll trying to get people to jump into a cold shower.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The first rule of being a Navy Seal should be that you cant tell anyone you are a Navy Seal. Has anyone ever been caught telling porkies about their Navy Seal status? They seem to be rather liberal with their TV appearances post super secret operations that nobody can know about... but you can go on TV.
And write a book.