Lifestyle Navy Seal explains why cold showers are good for you.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
And write a book.
Which cannot be confirmed as truth... because it is secret.

I could write one and say I was a Navy Seal. Nobody could prove me wrong. I could just say, well my status was classified. I was that deadly.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Which cannot be confirmed as truth... because it is secret.

I could write one and say I was a Navy Seal. Nobody could prove me wrong. I could just say, well my status was classified. I was that deadly.
You had to register your entire body as a lethal weapon.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I feel like this entire thread is an elaborate troll trying to get people to jump into a cold shower.
I've been doing it before this thread. I'm hitting 43 next month, and recovery is fucking important. It allows me to get away with more running, lifting, etc. Add to it I have a form arthritis and my joints are less inflamed. Good for the immune system, and since arthritis is an auto immune disease, I can tell the difference. But, if you don't need them, good news, we have hot water! I just think it's a great tool for recovery along with the other benefits I am receiving from it, that includes, not being a fucking pussy.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I can't understand how anyone can take a cold shower. Maybe if you live in a hot climate it can be bearable but there is nothing better than a hot bath!

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I've been doing it before this thread. I'm hitting 43 next month, and recovery is fucking important. It allows me to get away with more running, lifting, etc. Add to it I have a form arthritis and my joints are less inflamed. Good for the immune system, and since arthritis is an auto immune disease, I can tell the difference. But, if you don't need them, good news, we have hot water! I just think it's a great tool for recovery along with the other benefits I am receiving from it, that includes, not being a fucking pussy.
Tried my first ice bath yesterday, had turned my ankle pretty bad playing basketball 3 weeks ago & then 2 days ago I thought it'd be a good idea to jump right back into my normal leg day routine. The leg day part wasn't a good idea, but the ice bath was great, going to start doing it more

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Tried my first ice bath yesterday, had turned my ankle pretty bad playing basketball 3 weeks ago & then 2 days ago I thought it'd be a good idea to jump right back into my normal leg day routine. The leg day part wasn't a good idea, but the ice bath was great, going to start doing it more
Yeah, it isn't magic, but boy does it help recovery.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
The thing about the placebo effect is that it can work even if the person knows it's a placebo. If it works for you and you're not hurting yourself or anyone else, who cares if you cup, take cold showers etc.... Besides, you're probably saving cash taking so many cold showers.

A placebo can work even when you know it's a placebo - Harvard Health Blog
Agreed. But this is actually backed up by scientific evidence. So that is a plus as well. The same thing for sauna's, they may help through the placebo effect, but more and more scientific evidence pops up supporting this activity.

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
Agreed. But this is actually backed up by scientific evidence. So that is a plus as well. The same thing for sauna's, they may help through the placebo effect, but more and more scientific evidence pops up supporting this activity.
I am aware of science. I science a bit myself.

When you get really good at it you get to do it with people like former Ms. USA Shandi Finnessy. Now you know why there were cold shower studies in the first place.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I am aware of science. I science a bit myself.

When you get really good at it you get to do it with people like former Ms. USA Shandi Finnessy. Now you know why there were cold shower studies in the first place.

yo

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
cold shower is the shit

Feel like a million bucks afterwards