Sports NBA Playoffs 2018

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I don't know a lot about basketball, I find it to be a silly, joyless sport for the most part.

But what I do know is you can't beat King James. He's superman. He's the best to ever play. Nobody goes "harder in the paint" than Lebron.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Jesus. The Warriors can shoot the hell out of the ball. I was fast and lobbed 3s constantly, but that whole team is next level. I have been adamant the Larry Bird was a better pure shooter than Steph, but fuckin a, I am becoming a convert.

M

member 3289

I don't know a lot about basketball, I find it to be a silly, joyless sport for the most part.

But what I do know is you can't beat King James. He's superman. He's the best to ever play. Nobody goes "harder in the paint" than Lebron.
I don't like him, but when he's on like he was in 2 of those games against the Raptors, it is very difficult to beat him.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

He is up there
can make an argument for the best
lots of guys in the conversation though

But Lebron is vastly underrated...he is just an amazing athlete and he chose to focus on basketball

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Lebrown is a fucking chump. I'd beat him faster than I beat Antoine Walker.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
different
it's a completely different league, the stat guys figured out the most efficient shots are 3's & dunks/layups, post play is obsolete these days unless you could transport a prime Hakeem/Shaq type, less physical defense allowed these days, in Jordan's day it was tougher to double team b/c of illegal D rules, the list goes on.

impossible to say how either'd do in the other's generation, but I think they would've figured it out. they're #1 & 1A, the two most dominant in their eras & the greatest I've seen

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Jordan wouldn’t have been half as good if it wasn’t for Bill Cartwright, Bill Wennington, and Luc Longley.

Fact!!

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
it's a completely different league, the stat guys figured out the most efficient shots are 3's & dunks/layups, post play is obsolete these days unless you could transport a prime Hakeem/Shaq type, less physical defense allowed these days, in Jordan's day it was tougher to double team b/c of illegal D rules, the list goes on.

impossible to say how either'd do in the other's generation, but I think they would've figured it out. they're #1 & 1A, the two most dominant in their eras & the greatest I've seen
Yep
and you brought up my favorite

so smooth...so many moves...fundamentals

I used to draw so many fouls imitating Hakeem moves/fakes

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Yep
and you brought up my favorite

so smooth...so many moves...fundamentals

I used to draw so many fouls imitating Hakeem moves/fakes
one of my favorites too, wish Jordan hadn't played baseball to see those 2 in a finals together. always cracked me up how The Dream & Shaq both seemed to take a certain pleasure in abusing David Robinson

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
different
Different eras. Different rules. But Jordan is GOAT. I sat 2nd row in Chicago stadium, in my Celtics tee shirt, and booed Jordan when he was introduced. And I'm a Celtics fan, but somethings shouldn't be denied.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Different eras. Different rules. But Jordan is GOAT. I sat 2nd row in Chicago stadium, in my Celtics tee shirt, and booed Jordan when he was introduced. And I'm a Celtics fan, but somethings shouldn't be denied.
I was a portland fan...he ripped my heart out

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
this is fun, cutting Covington's minutes & taking him out of the starting lineup is something the Sixers should have done earlier.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Covington is a very good 3 and D player. This is more about McConnell being criminally underrated.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Covington is a very good 3 and D player. This is more about McConnell being criminally underrated.
Covington is one of my favorite players but he's been mostly terrible in the playoffs & had been struggling from the field & three point percentage the last couple months of the season. he was getting beat down the court by a guy with a bad hammy on a regular basis earlier this series & just wasn't being the stopper he had been on D. I think he's injured, just not something that'd keep him out or make the injury report

you're very correct about McConnell, love that guy too. very hard to root against this Sixers team

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Nice run to end the 1st half for Boston. Let's keep it up so we can go fist fuck LeBron.