Sports NCAA Tournament thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My Cards getting out played by Minnesota right now.

My Final Four: Duke, UNC, Tennessee, Michigan

Duke vs UNC in the final. Duke winning it all.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
My Cards getting out played by Minnesota right now.

My Final Four: Duke, UNC, Tennessee, Michigan

Duke vs UNC in the final. Duke winning it all.
Well thanks for giving Duke the kiss of death. I am going to have to change my whole bracket now. Fuckface

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Well thanks for giving Duke the kiss of death. I am going to have to change my whole bracket now. Fuckface
If Zion stays healthy and out of foul trouble, I just don't see them losing. That said, they dont shoot it well from the outside & one off shooting night and they go home. That's the risk with this Duke team. I would zone them and force them to beat me with outside shooting & offensive rebounding.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
If Zion stays healthy and out of foul trouble, I just don't see them losing. That said, they dont shoot it well from the outside & one off shooting night and they go home. That's the risk with this Duke team. I would zone them and force them to beat me with outside shooting & offensive rebounding.
This year its wide open really.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This year its wide open really.
Every team has "issues" or history.

Duke doesn't shoot well from the outside & they lack depth.

UNC has to play at their pace. They get matched up against a team that can control pace & hit shots, and it could be trouble.

Gonzaga doesnt play great competition throughout the year, and isn't great defensively.

Virginia is the opposite of UNC. They have to play slow, which allows teams to hang around in games. Plus, Bennett hasnt done well in the tourney.

Mich St has injuries to key players and not a lot of depth.

Tennessee and Michigan are the most complete teams to me, but they don't have the talent of Duke or UNC IMO.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Ja Morant is unreal. If I had the 2nd overall pick I’d take him over RJ Barret.

He does make bad passes here and there but that can be fixed.

His stats with 8 mins left

17 points
13 assists
9 rebounds

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He's the real deal.

Virginia down 26-14 to Gardner Webb. If they lost to a 16 seed in back to back years (they won't), it would be unbelievable w/ the talent that they have. But like I said in the post above, the pace that they play allows teams to stick around and makes it more difficult for them to go on big runs like other teams can.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
He's the real deal.

Virginia down 26-14 to Gardner Webb. If they lost to a 16 seed in back to back years (they won't), it would be unbelievable w/ the talent that they have. But like I said in the post above, the pace that they play allows teams to stick around and makes it more difficult for them to go on big runs like other teams can.
UCI

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Good games so far. As expected, my Bearcats choked in the 1st round. Oh well. I took off work and did nothing but watch basketball on Thursday and Friday.

• I was really hoping Murray State would have made it to the Sweet 16. Watching Ja Morant play was very entertaining. Now he'll go to the NBA and I'll never see him again.
  • Fuck Kentucky. They go against the best 3 point shooter in the game and the dude can't hit a fucking ocean. 0 for 12 from 3 point range and they lose by 6. Fucking lucky ass bullshit Wildcats.
  • Zion is a beast. A man playing against boys. Hard to believe he was playing against High Schoolers last year. That had to be a joke.
Also...Tacko Fall for UCF is tall.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Duke is clearly the better team. If UCF wins it'll be down to luck