Nelson not happy..(pic)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Personally I though the reem looked fucking great, obviously Jacksons MMA have made a huge impact on his game plan and overall fight IQ.....The Reem is coming ladies and gentlemen....

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Roy needs to get serious about his conditioning, and work on making himself more well rounded. He's went from a guy that used to dominate fights on the ground, to a one trick pony that gasses 3 minutes in. If the right hand doesn't land, he doesn't win.

sa80teur

Mar 15, 2015
That's what I thought too but if hasn't done it by now, I don't think he ever will. Nelson seems to have gone backwards if anything..

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Uber knee to the ball bag rattled his brains I reckon. Does he expect reem to sportingly eat his right hand?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Agree, at his age, I'm afraid he is what he is at this point. I think his career shifted when he KO'd Schaub to win TUF. He went from this well rounded guy, to someone that started hunting KO's...which worked when he was fighting inexperienced guys like Schaub, Mitrione, Herman...gatekeepers like Kongo...and guys out of their prime like Cro Cop. But he's lost 4 or his last 5 now. Time to either get serious or call it a day before he suffers serious long term damage.

sa80teur

Mar 15, 2015
Yeah. If you could just stand still, that'd be great..
Think Hunt addled his noggin'.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I feel when Overeem opened up, he looked really good. I also feel Overeem had many opportunities to open up and instead chose not to engage.
Overeem vs Frank Mir, AO clearly could've knocked out Mir but instead chose to coast. I feel he was not as, but partially guilty for the same against Roy.

sa80teur

Mar 15, 2015
He is Reem-lite these days.

This way he'll be able to make a run for the title, tho..

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Anyone think Big country could if he were serious about nutrition make Light Heavyweight? he must be carrying a good 40 pounds of excess fat for no good reason........I bet Dolce looks at Big Country and has an OCD breakdown

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If Roy had any semblance of mobility, he could have easily won that fight. Reem fought smart.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Reem was testing Nelson's cardio with the constant moving and it made Roy gas. It was a pretty good plan I thought. He didnt Kalib Starnes it or anything.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Anyone think Big country could if he were serious about nutrition make Light Heavyweight? he must be carrying a good 40 pounds of excess fat for no good reason........I bet Dolce looks at Big Country and has an OCD breakdown
LOL

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Absolutely he could. He's easily carrying 35-40 pounds of body fat around and he weighed in at what, 254 Friday? If he got serious and dropped 35 pounds thru diet, he could cut the last 15 with no problem.

Here is was at one point in his life...

here he is now...

Last edited:

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Absolutely he could. He's easily carrying 35-40 pounds of body fat around and he weighed in at what, 254 Friday? If he got serious and dropped 35 pounds thru diet, he could cut the last 15 with no problem.

Here is was at one point in his life.

And here he is now...

Is that first pic a photoshop?

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
But this isnt
fuck me.....it's like somewhere along the line he's thought fuck it, i'm gonna eat what I want, grow my hair and beard out, piss off on dana and rely on my one punch knockout power even though I have a fantastic ground game....mind boggles

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wonder how many years it was between the IFC pic I posted and that ^^^^?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
^^^ And he looks to be carrying 25+ pounds of fat there. Guess he was just never all that serious?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Roy needs to get serious about his conditioning, and work on making himself more well rounded. He's went from a guy used to dominate fights on the ground, to a one trick pony that gasses 3 minutes in. If the right hand doesn't land, he doesn't win.[/QUOT
Not anymore. He is 38 going on 39, the ship has already sailed for Big Country. He has taken the most significant strikes to the head of at least the heavyweights, but possibly anyone ever in the UFC. He has a lot of miles on his clock and is too old to change now. It is a question of hanging them up or collecting a cheque. Granted he can still probably beat a fair number of the lower echelons of the heavyweight division and he has too much name recognition for the UFC to ever let go, but I don't think they can or would want to feed him fights he can likely win.

That would just derail any newcomers to the UFC, when we know that Roy isn't going to challenge at some time in the future. I think they will keep him in fights like the last one and use his name recognition to build people f or a title shot, until he hangs them up.