Nelson not happy..(pic)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sa80teur

Mar 15, 2015
Roy always seemed to have attitude issues. He only wants to do it his way, and that is what has gotten him so far. It will take him no further, however. He could make a decent living knocking out some, losing to others. Get the feeling Dana would like to cut his butt to Bellator though..

sa80teur

Mar 15, 2015
At Roy's age, those grapes went straight past wine and turned immediately to vinegar. Horrible vinegar too.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
fuck me.....it's like somewhere along the line he's thought fuck it, i'm gonna eat what I want, grow my hair and beard out, piss off on dana and rely on my one punch knockout power even though I have a fantastic ground game....mind boggles
Agree but I feel that's exactly the reason he has fans including myself. I like when guys make the decision to be a crowd pleaser first, not likely a path to the belt every time but you'll probably be around longer. Don't get me wrong I'm happy Reem won but Roy's not about to reinvent himself at this point, I'll always tune in the see the right hand.

sa80teur

Mar 15, 2015
True. I tune in to every Roy fight.
Before I die, just once, I would love to see Roy put on a BJJ clinic against a high level opponent.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
lol at Nelson saying that with his stomach looking like that. REEM kneed and body kicked him to hell. Why would he stand in front of roy so roy can just hit him with his only weapon. Maybe he should work on more than just an overhand right.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Agree but I feel that's exactly the reason he has fans including myself. I like when guys make the decision to be a crowd pleaser first, not likely a path to the belt every time but you'll probably be around longer. Don't get me wrong I'm happy Reem won but Roy's not about to reinvent himself at this point, I'll always tune in the see the right hand.
Was it a choice to be a crowd pleaser? Or was it the fact that it takes alot more effort in training to develop a TD and wrestling game against a sport-wide improved TDD over the last 10 years?

My theory is, he said fuck implementing my bjj game when I can throw and absorb bombs. I think he took the path of least resistance in the last 5 or 6 years.
He has sub-par wrestling against top 10 HW tdd. It would have taken a huge effort to develop a TD game to get the fights to the ground to implement his bjj.

Striking training is much easier than wrestling training obviously and he has clearly shown he is not going to do more than necessary to make it to the cage and get a check.

That being said, that dude has been fun to watch. You can never count him out if he's still upright. The Reem ran a clinic on him last night and for 15 minutes I felt like Roy could end it every second. It's just a real shame he never took his career to the point where he gave himself the best chance to be as successful as possible.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This ties in with what Enson was saying on the JRE. Back in the early days and in Pride, wins and losses didn't matter as much. As long as you went out and fought to entertain, that's all you needed. Either take the guy out or go out on your shield, that was the mentality.

Roy still has that. He will eat 50 shots to deliver that one overhand that lands clean and ends the fight. This is why I always love watching Roy fight. This style won't win you titles and it may not win you big sponsors but the fans will love and respect you for it.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
It would be great to take what Enson said and apply it but the ufc will just cut you especially if you make lots of money. Reem was cleaning up and if he lost he would've been cut so what should he do? He already admitted that the ufc cut his pay and so did Lombard. The guys today have no choice but to win at all costs. Nelson won't get cut but he also isn't making over 250k a fight like Reem is. We have to face facts about today's UFC.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
To make this worse, consider that Roy has potentially 82% fake twitter followers.

(@roynelsonmma)
followers 566,458
Fake: 82%
Inactive: 11%
Good: 7%

He just lost. He's sad. He's angry. And he's talking into a void of 4/5 empty chinese spam bots.

:(

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
^ Lol at the fake bots. I don't personally understand the whole twitter thing, but that's funny.
Anyways, I like Roy. He is one quirky motherfucker, but I like him. I don't always agree with him, but I like that you never really know what's gonna come out of his mouth, and as fucked up as it may be, it's never fake. I think he's great!

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

This was him a year ago April, he seemed (unless he's sucking it in but I don't see why) he seems to have put back on fat since then

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
K nevermind, he weighed the same for Abu Dhabi as tonight 255 and 254

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Reem schooled him.

Lets see what he can do to Mitrione (as much as I like him) next.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

Anyone think Big country could if he were serious about nutrition make Light Heavyweight? he must be carrying a good 40 pounds of excess fat for no good reason........I bet Dolce looks at Big Country and has an OCD breakdown
he doesn't need Dolce, we all could make him lean.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
To make this worse, consider that Roy has potentially 82% fake twitter followers.

(@roynelsonmma)
followers 566,458
Fake: 82%
Inactive: 11%
Good: 7%

He just lost. He's sad. He's angry. And he's talking into a void of 4/5 empty chinese spam bots.

:(
How do you get those numbers? Just curious.

Anno Domini

Feb 26, 2015
Well everything i could think of to say about Roy has been said. Roy is the honey badger of the heavyweight division. Just wish he wasn't headhunting every single fight. I understand why though, Dana hates Roy. If Roy wasn't at least trying to be exciting he would have been cut by now.