Cinema Netflix (Crime scene) The vanishing at the cecil hotel)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
I remember this too so I'll have to watch this. Did anyone watch the 2 seasons so far of Unsolved Mysteries? This is very similar...

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I'm trying to watch this now.

I hate the way they shot it. Sooooo dramatic and artistic. To the point that I feel like it's taking away from the story.

Anyone else get that?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

I hate the way they shot it. Sooooo dramatic and artistic. To the point that I feel like it's taking away from the story.

Anyone else get that?
It's a little over the top at times, but not so bad that I stopped watching. I already knew the story so I knew where it was going.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015

Anyone else get that?
Yeh it's why I stopped after the first 2 eps.

Yeh man, I get it - she was acting strange in that elevator. I don't need to sit there for 40 minutes explaining the different theories as to why when it was clear that she wasn't taking meds for her bipolar.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

Yeh man, I get it - she was acting strange in that elevator. I don't need to sit there for 40 minutes explaining the different theories as to why when it was clear that she wasn't taking meds for her bipolar.
I hear ya. It's slow. I'm on ep 3 now and it's introducing something new tho. So I'm gonna keep grinding

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

Also, you saw that the elevator video skipped 53 seconds and appears to have been edited, right?

This was a great documentary, until the last 2 episodes. But most signs point to suicide. You just don't stop taking your meds like that and not to mention she was a tumbler enthusiast. It still leaves me wondering how she got the lid closed on that tank though.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
This was a great documentary, until the last 2 episodes. But most signs point to suicide. You just don't stop taking your meds like that and not to mention she was a tumbler enthusiast. It still leaves me wondering how she got the lid closed on that tank though.
lid wasn't closed per the maintence employees or the filed police report. The PR or police officer just misspoke to the public that day at the presser

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I would have liked it if it was condensed into one episode. They really had to disguise the facts to create any mystery. The whole “haunted hotel” thing was what they really sunk their teeth into to try to drag more episodes out of the story. It was a hundred year old flop hotel, but that at times was a step above a homeless shelter and then practically a crack shelter, the fact that their were a lot of suicides and deaths isn’t really surprising, I’d imagine any place catering to the fringes of society experiences the same rate.

It was pretty clear that the girl was having a psychotic episode from the start. Then the documentary runs with the lie that the kid was back in place in order to make it seem that there is any mystery surrounding her death. Then after they milk 3 episodes out of it, they finally reveal the lid was off the whole time. The filmmakers knew if they revealed that in the first episode, they had no story. It was such a waste of time, they string you along for 4 episodes with this “mystery” and “haunted” hotel only for you to find out that what you thought happened in the first 15 minutes, is exactly what happened.

This was the story arc;
“Oh she was out of her mind and killed herself”
“Oh the lid was back on the tank after she went in? I guess she couldn’t have killed herself”

“Oh they lied. The lid was off the tank. She was out of her mind and killed herself.”

Also what the fuck were the parents doing, letting a 21 year old girl with a history of not taking her medicine and gave psychotic breaks, travel to LA by herself?.

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I would have liked it if it was condensed into one episode. They really had to disguise the facts to create any mystery. The whole “haunted hotel” thing was what they really sunk their teeth into to try to drag more episodes out of the story. It was a hundred year old flop hotel, but that at times was a step above a homeless shelter and then practically a crack shelter, the fact that their were a lot of suicides and deaths isn’t really surprising, I’d imagine any place catering to the fringes of society experiences the same rate.

It was pretty clear that the girl was having a psychotic episode from the start. Then the documentary runs with the lie that the kid was back in place in order to make it seem that there is any mystery surrounding her death. Then after they milk 3 episodes out of it, they finally reveal the lid was off the whole time. The filmmakers knew if they revealed that in the first episode, they had no story. It was such a waste of time, they string you along for 4 episodes with this “mystery” and “haunted” hotel only for you to find out that what you thought happened in the first 15 minutes, is exactly what happened.

This was the story arc;
“Oh she was out of her mind and killed herself”
“Oh the lid was back on the tank after she went in? I guess she couldn’t have killed herself”

“Oh they lied. The lid was off the tank. She was out of her mind and killed herself.”

Also what the fuck were the parents doing, letting a 21 year old girl with a history of not taking her medicine and gave psychotic breaks, travel to LA by herself?.
I feel ya. Too drawn out. Two episodes would've been ideal for me

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
it always made me wonder what that chick was doing in a crack hotel. its not like asian students are known for slumming it or for drug use. she seems really out of place there

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
on ep 2
when I heard about the prescription drug she came across that she thought helped her it bummed me out