Cinema Netflix (Crime scene) The vanishing at the cecil hotel)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
so sad that meds or withdrawal from meds played a part in this...sucks she was a confused human

doc was a bit dramatic and "woke"

killer song guy claiming cyberbullying doesn't hold water...you play a heel you get treated like a heel

can't say I would recommend
I would have liked it if it was condensed into one episode. They really had to disguise the facts to create any mystery. The whole “haunted hotel” thing was what they really sunk their teeth into to try to drag more episodes out of the story. It was a hundred year old flop hotel, but that at times was a step above a homeless shelter and then practically a crack shelter, the fact that their were a lot of suicides and deaths isn’t really surprising, I’d imagine any place catering to the fringes of society experiences the same rate.

It was pretty clear that the girl was having a psychotic episode from the start. Then the documentary runs with the lie that the kid was back in place in order to make it seem that there is any mystery surrounding her death. Then after they milk 3 episodes out of it, they finally reveal the lid was off the whole time. The filmmakers knew if they revealed that in the first episode, they had no story. It was such a waste of time, they string you along for 4 episodes with this “mystery” and “haunted” hotel only for you to find out that what you thought happened in the first 15 minutes, is exactly what happened.

This was the story arc;
“Oh she was out of her mind and killed herself”
“Oh the lid was back on the tank after she went in? I guess she couldn’t have killed herself”

“Oh they lied. The lid was off the tank. She was out of her mind and killed herself.”

Also what the fuck were the parents doing, letting a 21 year old girl with a history of not taking her medicine and gave psychotic breaks, travel to LA by herself?.
much better post than mine but I agree 100%

and yes punch some of these ep 4 talking heads in the face

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
lid wasn't closed per the maintence employees or the filed police report. The PR or police officer just misspoke to the public that day at the presser
Why keep a container closed

Rats/birds/feces etc...

Where I have been you keep a varmint resistant top on a water source

It being open when it could be closed doesn't really make sense if you think about it

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
so sad that meds or withdrawal from meds played a part in this...sucks she was a confused human

doc was a bit dramatic and "woke"

killer song guy claiming cyberbullying doesn't hold water...you play a heel you get treated like a heel

can't say I would recommend

much better post than mine but I agree 100%

and yes punch some of these ep 4 talking heads in the face
The Asian doctor could get it

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Why keep a container closed

Rats/birds/feces etc...

Where I have been you keep a varmint resistant top on a water source

It being open when it could be closed doesn't really make sense if you think about it
It wasn't left open usually. I wss saying that she opened it, and it was left open when the employee found her

But then the cop who spoke to media accidentally told the public that the lid was closed with her inside. And that caused alot of the public speculation, since that makes it seem as if someone dumped her there and closed it back up

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The Asian doctor could get it
I must have missed her/him...was doing some things as I was watching/listening
It wasn't left open usually. I wss saying that she opened it, and it was left open when the employee found her

But then the cop who spoke to media accidentally told the public that the lid was closed with her inside. And that caused alot of the public speculation, since that makes it seem as if someone dumped her there and closed it back up
Ya
they sneak that narrative in early to fuck with ya

Crappy hotel and a crappy area
much better places to spend 85$ per night

RIP

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I must have missed her/him...was doing some things as I was watching/listening

Ya
they sneak that narrative in early to fuck with ya

Crappy hotel and a crappy area
much better places to spend 85$ per night

RIP
Her. The Asian was definitely a her

At least, that's what I paid for. I hope it was a her!

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm in the 3rd episode. This feels a lot like "Don't fuck with cats" where there's a bunch of filler with moron "internet detectives" turning an hour and a half worth of material into 4 hours.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Spoilers.

She had mental health issues.

But, but her clothes. Paradoxical undressing.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Do they drive anyone to suicide who had nothing to do with the crime like in don't fuck with cats?
Couldn't tell you, haven't watched the Cecil hotel. How they made a series out of an unfortunate incident that is probably easily explained is beyond me.
Don't fuck with cats could've been one episode, but it was interesting to revisit that nutjob, Magnotta.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Couldn't tell you, haven't watched the Cecil hotel. How they made a series out of an unfortunate incident that is probably easily explained is beyond me.
Don't fuck with cats could've been one episode, but it was interesting to revisit that nutjob, Magnotta.
What got me about it was the buildup like the internet detective were helping, but really they were just wasting everyone's time.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What got me about it was the buildup like the internet detective were helping, but really they were just wasting everyone's time.
Thought it was odd that that online community seemed more outraged with the abuse to the cats and feeding parts of Lin to the dog than the actual murder and that whole necrophilia thing.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I still think it should be 2 episodes

But to be fair, although the documentary is framed around telling her story, its really about the cecil hotel, as the doc is named. A lot happened there, aisde from her

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Finally watched this and loved it. Agree with just about everyone in here that it could've been shortened. Also agree she most likely died by her own doing. With that being said, what a mindfuck of shady coincidences that occured you seriously couldn't make this stuff up...

Yep Asian Dr was on point...