Cinema Netflix Doc: Shelby American

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Watched this a couple days ago. Fantastic documentary.

There's a movie out right now that I haven't seen yet (Ford v Ferrari) that covers the same topic, but this is the real deal. Quotes from the man himself, his sons and the guys that worked for him.

A chicken farmer that could drive, who sort of conned his way into the industry. Told AC he had some bigger engines that he could use in their frames and make them competitive against their rival Ferrari on the racing circuit. At the same time he was telling Ford he had a frame that would compete with the Chevy Corvettes - he just needed some engines. Ended up getting both companies to give him what he was after and designed what would be become the AC Cobra.

And that's just the beginning of his career. Plenty of twists and turns along the way.

It's a well made doc. You don't even need to be a fan of racing to appreciate it. Hell of a story.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

There's a movie out right now that I haven't seen yet (Ford v Ferrari) that covers the same topic, but this is the real deal. Quotes from the man himself, his sons and the guys that worked for him.

A chicken farmer that could drive, who sort of conned his way into the industry. Told AC he had some bigger engines that he could use in their frames and make them competitive against their rival Ferrari on the racing circuit. At the same time he was telling Ford he had a frame that would compete with the Chevy Corvettes - he just needed some engines. Ended up getting both companies to give him what he was after and designed what would be become the AC Cobra.

And that's just the beginning of his career. Plenty of twists and turns along the way.

It's a well made doc. You don't even need to be a fan of racing to appreciate it. Hell of a story.
Go see Ford v Ferrari now.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The only F1 races I've watched are nothing but follow the leader for however many laps. There's never any passing. It's like a 200 mph parade.

Yawn.
I don't like formula 1. I think it's wank. Really good movie tho

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
No idea why it's so popular. It's boring as shit.
A friend of mine works for red bull and has for a few years. His Facebook is great, he has met all the drivers and celebrities going. And travels around the world with the team. I imagine if you had that job it would be a lot cooler as each race means something to your work

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
A friend of mine works for red bull and has for a few years. His Facebook is great, he has met all the drivers and celebrities going. And travels around the world with the team. I imagine if you had that job it would be a lot cooler as each race means something to your work
That would be cool, but I'm sure the race is always anti-climactic.

Where'd you start?
3rd.
Where'd you finish?
3rd.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I love f1
There have been years in which it is much more competitive than others though.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I don't follow it but I know that's not the case
I don't follow it either, but I know that is their main problem. For me anyway.
Boring races. No passing.

They've actually adapted the rules a bit recently to encourage more passing.

There was a race in Russia a couple years back that only had 9 passes on the track for the entire race.
Nine.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ford vs ferrari is available as a dvdscr at all the usual places

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't follow it either, but I know that is their main problem. For me anyway.
Boring races. No passing.

They've actually adapted the rules a bit recently to encourage more passing.

There was a race in Russia a couple years back that only had 9 passes on the track for the entire race.
Nine.

That's why I don't watch the horseshit. As Captain boil in the bag mentioned tho sometimes crazy shit goes down

This is the story of the time it did

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

they had some shelby get together here in long beach those cars look and sound amazing in person