Nevada commission: Kevin Lee was ‘medically fit to fight’ at UFC 216

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) stands by its decision, based on doctors’ input, to allow Kevin Lee to fight at UFC 216.

NAC executive director Bob Bennett told MMA Fighting on Sunday that Lee was cleared to fight Tony Ferguson in the main event Saturday night in Las Vegas from a health and safety standpoint by two commission doctors.

“My lead ringside physician found Lee medically fit to fight,” Bennett said. “He was examined by our lead ringside physician, along with another ringside physician. Both felt he was medically fit to fight.”

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016

The Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) stands by its decision, based on doctors’ input, to allow Kevin Lee to fight at UFC 216.

NAC executive director Bob Bennett told MMA Fighting on Sunday that Lee was cleared to fight Tony Ferguson in the main event Saturday night in Las Vegas from a health and safety standpoint by two commission doctors.

“My lead ringside physician found Lee medically fit to fight,” Bennett said. “He was examined by our lead ringside physician, along with another ringside physician. Both felt he was medically fit to fight.”

Ya he was medically fit to fight for maybe 7 minutes

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ya he was medically fit to fight for maybe 7 minutes
You can clearly see the staph on his chest at weigh ins. According to Kevin, he tried to hide it but I can't believe no one noticed that. I think they likely saw it and just ignored it so he could fight.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
You can clearly see the staph on his chest at weigh ins. According to Kevin, he tried to hide it but I can't believe no one noticed that. I think they likely saw it and just ignored it so he could fight.
Absolutely
They did not need any more drama with this card

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Isn’t that extremely contagious?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Day late watching.

How the fuck do they clear him with staph

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Good question.....even hogan said that during the fight and he admitted that was the case in the post fight
I was watching that show called kingdom and a sub character gets staph on that and they have to close down the gym and disinfect the mats etc.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
I was watching that show called kingdom and a sub character gets staph on that and they have to close down the gym and disinfect the mats etc.
I would think so. Tony deserves a £100,000 bonus for fighting a deadly infected opponent

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I would think so. Tony deserves a £100,000 bonus for fighting a deadly infected opponent
If I was him I'd be looking for a shit ton more than that for loss of earnings. If I got staph or course and it was down to this.

Connor earning so much vs Floyd would be my argument.

I'd want a lot of money from UFC and nsac for hurting my earning potential.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
If I was him I'd be looking for a shit ton more than that for loss of earnings. If I got staph or course and it was down to this.

Connor earning so much vs Floyd would be my argument.

I'd want a lot of money from UFC and nsac for hurting my earning potential.
If they asked me to fight him I would have made a smudge face and Dana would have offered me more money

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If they asked me to fight him I would have made a smudge face and Dana would have offered me more money
Tony is a bit weird tho. Probably didn't think about that. I'd have waited until ten minutes before walk out and grilled the fuckers

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Tony is a bit weird tho. Probably didn't think about that. I'd have waited until ten minutes before walk out and grilled the fuckers
It would never pass any other health and safety regulations.....how do they justify letting it happen?

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
agreed, they wasnt about to pull this fight, they are already one of the worst commissions and im sure corrupt top 3

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
has it been confirmed as staph?

because folliculitis looks similar to staph I have had folliculitis from hot showers..

we need a diagnosis Splinty @Splinty