General Never Again: Is gun control movement too white? (delicious liberal infighting)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
It is too white. The people who most want gun control are always the people who need it the least.
It’s funny how the NRA was there to make sure African-Americans could defend themselves when a lot of groups wanted them disarmed, but now they’re a racist terrorist organization lol

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
but now they’re a racist terrorist organization lol
I won't go as far as saying I know the history of the NRA enough to say whether they have any racism in the past.

But there does seem to be a cycle that we've created gun culture as a white thing. Government has been used to stop black people from owning guns legally. The black community suffers from the highest amount of gun homicide, making guns a thing of murder, not defense or hobby.
Boom cycle commences.

One time I looked it up all the gun stats i could find. Regarding gun deaths, white people die from gun suicides predominantly. Black people die from gun homicides. We are all talking past each other.
With such striking differences in experiences, It's no wonder we seem Worlds Apart coming up with common ground.

And then you get stuff like philando Castile exercising his CHL right...and man it sucks.

Oct 24, 2015
It’s funny how the NRA was there to make sure African-Americans could defend themselves when a lot of groups wanted them disarmed, but now they’re a racist terrorist organization lol
Didn't the NRA support the Mulford act when then Gov Reagen signed it because of the Black Panther movement?