General Never buying a gun TME

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

This is despite the fact that I am American and live in a southern state with pretty lax gun laws.

We don't have open-carry because we're not THAT fucking crazy, but still a CCW permit only requires a 3-4 hour class.

I just don't see the point. I am mostly law-abiding, don't live in a shitty neighborhood, and don't have a tiny dick, so why would I need a gun?

TME

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
They are fun to shoot. Shooting well is an acquired skillset and it's fun to practice and improve. Hunting is a blast as well.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
power goes out due to earthquake/meteor/etc....

in a few days fools gonna be running around stealing shit

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Ever since I had one stolen, I don't really carry anymore. If I know I'll be in a shitty part of town, yes....because our exuberant youth feel the need to hold people at gun point sometimes...and sometimes they actually shoot. Most of the time I'm out in the country and have one in the truck just because a random range day may pop up if we get bored.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't have one either. I got some hattori hanzo steel instead.

But I don't carry them unless I'm on a night mission

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I have had two neighbohrs have their houses broken into while they were inside and I grew up with thugs this is why I am pro gun civilians are outgunned by the home invasion types ,actually even the swat are outgunned it is insane the type of weaponry criminals can get there hands on.
they found two of these in an L.A gun buyback program.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I have had two neighbohrs have their houses broken into while they were inside and I grew up with thugs this is why I am pro gun civilians are outgunned by the home invasion types ,actually even the swat are outgunned it is insane the type of weaponry criminals can get there hands on.
Have you been taking drugs?

I'm not judging you I'm just curious

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I think people who say they have guns for self defense are pretty delusional or nihilistic unless they're women in which case they should absolutely be armed.

But guns are a lot of fun. They make loud noises and blow stuff up and I like firing them for recreation. Skeet shooting is one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life. Handguns require a bit more practice and are a bit less satisfying. If I could fire a massive rifle, I'd love it. Give it a shot @Itchy Red Hemorrhoid

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I think people who say they have guns for self defense are pretty delusional or nihilistic unless they're women in which case they should absolutely be armed.

But guns are a lot of fun. They make loud noises and blow stuff up and I like firing them for recreation. Skeet shooting is one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life. Handguns require a bit more practice and are a bit less satisfying. If I could fire a massive rifle, I'd love it. Give it a shot @Itchy Red Hemorrhoid
My friend has 40 acres. The 50-acre plot next to it is like a skeet version of a golf course. There's like 20 stations setup... some overlooking ponds, some overlooking overgrown grass, some just looking over a field, etc. You pay like $5 to use the range and then however much per skeet. The throwers are those huge Gatlin gun looking things and are on random timers. So you hit the start button in the "shoot shack" and any one of 4 launchers on your range area(some have like 6) will fire at random times.There's over 100 launchers scattered on the property at various range areas. It's a fucking blast going out there and we don't have to pay the $5 because it's a shared property.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
This is despite the fact that I am American and live in a southern state with pretty lax gun laws.

We don't have open-carry because we're not THAT fucking crazy, but still a CCW permit only requires a 3-4 hour class.

I just don't see the point. I am mostly law-abiding, don't live in a shitty neighborhood, and don't have a tiny dick, so why would I need a gun?

TME
you'll probably never need a firearm. But if you do, it will be the difference between life and death. It's like a seatbelt.
I carry a lighter, even though I don't smoke, for the same reason.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
those are fired tubes, they're less useful as a weapon than a hammer.
The PD puts this in the news to justify budget and using SWAT teams for everything.

M

member 3289

i think it is. In the hands of a lawful person it saves lives. In the hands of the unlawful, it takes lives.
Probably one of the worst analogies I've ever heard.

Are you really going to make me explain why? Is it not obvious how a gun and a fucking seat belt are not the same or even similar?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
fine.
it's like <insert something that is useful and dangerous> because <insert way in which it's useful> compared to <insert way in which it's dangerous>

M

member 1013

TME
Cause they make loud noises and smoke

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
i think it is. In the hands of a lawful person it saves lives. In the hands of the unlawful, it takes lives.
Bingo. Too many anti-gunners have the mistaken impression that people who own guns for self defense are just itching to use them (or are a ticking time bomb just waiting for that one last straw before going off on a murderous rampage.) I have guns because I enjoy shooting, I've owned guns for over 40 years, and so far I've never shot a person (even with over 20 years in the military. I've been in war zones, but I was not in a front line job. The only thing shot at me were just a few SCUDS that missed by miles). To me it's a lifesaving tool I hope I never have to use,

That said, when I was stationed in the Washington DC suburbs, I did have to use a gun in self defense once. I heard a sound, grabbed a shotgun out of the closet, and confronted a guy who was coming in my bedroom window. He left in a hurry. No shots were fired. But I was glad I had the tool that ended the situation.

The original poster has the right to own or not own a gun. That's his choice. My choice is different.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
How you gonna make the tannerite explode if you don't have a gun?

I don't care if you have an arm like Aroldis Chapman - you aren't gonna get it to go bang by throwing rocks at it.