'New and improved Gustafsson': 'I know I can beat Cormier and Jones'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"I believe and I know I can beat DC and Jones now," a remotivated Alexander Gustafsson said in a recent interview.

Alexander Gustafsson has had a long time to reflect on things. 'The Mauler', who considered retirement after losing in brutal fashion to Anthony Johnson last year, says his mindset has changed dramatically since sine his split decision loss to current light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier at UFC 192.

It marked the second time Gustafsson had challenged for the title and the second time he'd fallen short on the scorecards. Prior to 'DC', Gustafsson fought back-and-forth with pound-for-pound #1 Jon Jones in 2013's Fight of the Year and walked away empty handed. To grind day in, day out in the gym and leave it all on the line in the Octagon only to have your dreams…

'New and improved Gustafsson': 'I know I can beat Cormier and Jones'

Last edited:
M

member 3289

I think he can beat Cormier. Their last fight was close but Cormier narrowly won.

I'm not so sure about Jones though. Yes his fight with Jones was just as close as or even closer than the Cormier fight, but I don't think Jones trained or fought to his potential.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Oh shit, we have a fighter who said "um, I don't know, um, I'm not sure about that" when asked if he wanted to fight again, a few months ago to this.......he's a damn good fighter, but once that doubt creeps in.....

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Oh shit, we have a fighter who said "um, I don't know, um, I'm not sure about that" when asked if he wanted to fight again, a few months ago to this.......he's a damn good fighter, but once that doubt creeps in.....
Don't read too much into that, us northerners are humble to a fault.