General New Iphone purchase getting close

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
i have an 8 plus batt is starting to go. I like the home button. How did you guys do making the transition away from that? I haven’t kept up but it looks like the XS Max is the closet to what I have?

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Only people I know with I phones are my wife and Freeloading Rusty @MC Gusto
I’m not switching back to Android. I was a longtime user and late to Apple. Once here though it’s a good reliable system and I also hate Apple as a company for other reasons. All my circle is on IOS so Imessage is also a thing.

I’m mainly curious about losing the home button. GF has had a X and missed it at first.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I’m not switching back to Android. I was a longtime user and late to Apple. Once here though it’s a good reliable system and I also hate Apple as a company for other reasons. All my circle is on IOS so Imessage is also a thing.

I’m mainly curious about losing the home button. GF has had a X and missed it at first.
You are dead to me. You probably have a hi point for EDC

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
It’s a transition, but it’s not too bad. Face ID has improved since the iPhone X came out.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
It’s a transition, but it’s not too bad. Face ID has improved since the iPhone X came out.
It must be because now that I think about it I can’t use her phone. I guess I have to learn the gestures. I don’t really have a choice if I want to upgrade.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
What a bunch of fuckery. Verizon doesn't let you do early trades any more. They also don't let you use an upgrade from one to other as they did in the past. They stopped that last month. This line is OK for an upgrade so no issue.

I wonder how many people they fool with math? The phone is $1499 with 512gb. They will give it to me for $900 and change. They raise the rate by $20 per month for 24 months if you take the discounted phone so you end up still paying the $1400 and change no matter which way you slice it.

I can get the phone from Apple and or Bestbuy at the discount. My only question is if Verizon keeps the rate the same. If they do than it's an easy choice. I have 7 lines with them. They give no fucks.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What a bunch of fuckery. Verizon doesn't let you do early trades any more. They also don't let you use an upgrade from one to other as they did in the past. They stopped that last month. This line is OK for an upgrade so no issue.

I wonder how many people they fool with math? The phone is $1499 with 512gb. They will give it to me for $900 and change. They raise the rate by $20 per month for 24 months if you take the discounted phone so you end up still paying the $1400 and change no matter which way you slice it.

I can get the phone from Apple and or Bestbuy at the discount. My only question is if Verizon keeps the rate the same. If they do than it's an easy choice. I have 7 lines with them. They give no fucks.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
hahaha man They have you by the balls. So the Apple and Bestbuy deals all really go through Verizon so they still raise the rates. There is no way around it from what I can see. Might as well just make payments because you are paying $1400 either way.

People bitch about the prices but I use this everyday more than a computer and it does so many things. I'm already paying for 7 lines so . . .

M

member 3289

iPhones are generally superior to Androids. I know this and I've never owned an iPhone.

But of course this thread will be full of Android dorks.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
hahaha man They have you by the balls. So the Apple and Bestbuy deals all really go through Verizon so they still raise the rates. There is no way around it from what I can see. Might as well just make payments because you are paying $1400 either way.

People bitch about the prices but I use this everyday more than a computer and it does so many things. I'm already paying for 7 lines so . . .
With the monthly finance way they do things, they’re all the same, no matter where you go.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
iPhones are generally superior to Androids. I know this and I've never owned an iPhone.

But of course this thread will be full of Android dorks.
I was putting modded bins on Androids back in the day. Back then you had to pay extra for GPS, hot spots etc etc. You could have them and turn all that on with mods and not pay the carrier extra. Once they made that all available I decided to try an Iphone. I jail broke them at first but now there is no need. They just work and I'm used to the IOS system. I'm sure I would be happy with a high end Droid as well. I'm not going to say either one is better it's just IOS works for me.

This is also about trying to get a good deal but there aren't any. Now I'm probably going to wait until next month when the new ones come out.