**New members..make sure u check out a fight night discussion thread**

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Are his posts stickied or something so they can be easily seen among all the other post of "WOW!!!!" or "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!" or "WTF!!!! THIS SUCKS" posts?
No. They're just part of the discussion but pretty easy to identify. I dont think he's going to do it for UFC Dublin because the card went to hell & he has other things going on...so I will pull in play by play from MMA Fighting or Bloody Elbow.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
it is good to refresh when it starts getting slow. i usually did after quite a few pages worth of comments and gifs built up, and then its back to full speed.

Thanks for mentioning this. There is nothing I can do to remedy that other than ask that keep gifs relevant. As the thread grows, your computer is just hanging on to the whole lot of them.

A single refresh every 15-20 pages seems to do it for me. Will vary based on your computer or device.

Spidermoore

Oct 19, 2015
No. They're just part of the discussion but pretty easy to identify. I dont think he's going to do it for UFC Dublin because the card went to hell & he has other things going on...so I will pull in play by play from MMA Fighting or Bloody Elbow.
The other comments are fun to read, especially if you are posting while watching live. I dont' want to suggest otherwise.

I'll check one out sometime in the near future.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The other comments are fun to read, if you are posting while watching live, I dont' want to suggest otherwise.

I'll check one out sometime in the near future.
Good deal. I think you'll enjoy it. Its a pretty good mix of friendly banter, analysis, play by play, etc.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
How are the live threads for parsing wheat from the chaff? Meaning, can just anyone add their "WOW!!!!!!!" comment so we get 30 of those for every informative comment?
At times when I was unable to watch an event, I found it frustrating to figure out what actually has happened because of this in other places.
Are his posts stickied or something so they can be easily seen among all the other post of "WOW!!!!" or "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!" or "WTF!!!! THIS SUCKS" posts?
the live thread is a fast paced conversation where people do comment on whatever they feel like saying...about whatever they see. fun times!!!

i suggest reading the fight recap on ufc.com the following day. probably more your speed. hope that helps.

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Hmmm. If you guys feel, traffic wise, it's appropriate and timely, I can start combining and editing my PBP posts into a nice write up to be published after the events. I'll watch my language (sorta) and won't call any sensitive women fat.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
As far as comments like "Wow" and such, it's not bad. Just people talking to other people while watching a sporting event. When something exciting happens, yeah there will be interjections and expletives, but the voting system seems to keep things tidy because instead of posting "agree", for example, you can just vote.

It's nothing like some places where there are immediately 20 threads saying "Did you just see that!" "Boom" "He's dead y'all!!"

Emma B

Emma B
Sep 12, 2015
Okay, whilst I am sat waiting for UFC Dublin to start I am going to ask, what does 'ttt' mean? And is the discussion thread here or being posted separately? Still finding my feet :D

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Okay, whilst I am sat waiting for UFC Dublin to start I am going to ask, what does 'ttt' mean? And is the discussion thread here or being posted separately? Still finding my feet :D
ttt stands for "to the top". It is just another way of say "bump" to get the thread seen if it's getting buried.

The discussion thread us here UFC Fight Night: Duffy vs. Poirier - LIVE Discussion (WEIGH IN TODAY at 11am ET - STREAM inside) | The MMA Community Forum

It will probably be stickied eventually.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I thought this site was decent to begin with but then I saw the fight night discussion thread I thought to myself "this is some kind of matrix shit right here". Well worth becoming a member just for that.