Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
As the site grows more posts are made in a shorter time frame, it would be useful to be able to configure the new posts function to search in specific forums, or a set list of forums created by the user that he/she wishes to contribute in, while ignoring others that they either don't want to search at that time or have no interest in at all.

Allowing multiple saved settings would be the ideal, which would give a user the ability to switch quickly between what they want to search if they have already set this up. This would allow a user to tailor their experience for themselves and cherry pick the content which interests them the most.

It would also allow the forum to segregate conversation about different things to separate areas. Which has benefits in allowing specific mods for specific forum areas to spread workload between many mods who have expertise/interest in a specific area, but perhaps not in others.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I have been look into this. Custom per user isting isn't likely to happen. But some presets are possible.

Let me get some more off my plate and well reviist.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I have been look into this. Custom per user isting isn't likely to happen. But some presets are possible.

Let me get some more off my plate and well reviist.
Hi Splinty @Splint ,

Did you take the grappling forum and geek haven off the new posts list on the homepage on purpose? Wild @Wild asked me to create a thread here about my report of missing posts from the list, but then I found this one which seems to be about the same thing (unless I misunderstood).

Can they be put back?

I think some of those posts would be of interest to people who mainly hang in other areas, and certain times of day, or when cageside is quiet, I think (just an opinion) tmmac could benefit from breaking up the OTL stuff on the homepage.

Also, at least for now, the other forums don't really seem active enough to negatively clog up the works much.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hi Splinty @Splint ,

Did you take the grappling forum and geek haven off the new posts list on the

Hey man, the new post list is simply new post. Those forums are in the list and after I looked at this thread I checked and I see one post from grappling forum and one post from geek Haven that show up. So they are still in there.

can you help me more to understand where you're looking and what seems to be missing?

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Hey man, the new post list is simply new post. Those forums are in the list and after I looked at this thread I checked and I see one post from grappling forum and one post from geek Haven that show up. So they are still in there.

can you help me more to understand where you're looking and what seems to be missing?
They don't show up for me. Ok, maybe I am the problem. Here are the screenshots I took earlier:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
They don't show up for me. Ok, maybe I am the problem. Here are the screenshots I took earlier:

Gotcha.
That is very helpful.
I'll need a couple days to investigate but can get this fixed up :) Thanks for the help!

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Gotcha.
That is very helpful.
I'll need a couple days to investigate but can get this fixed up :) Thanks for the help!
Whatever you did seems to have worked, but completely changed the view on my phone (not complaining, just fyi).

Here are some screenshots of what the site looks like now:

Thanks for fixing the new posts list!