General New table

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
nice.

What is the white wood in the middle doing is to join the 2 planks and connect the base?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Always wanted one of these. Few years back there was a guy in town that made them, more jagged oval shape like a slice from the base of the trunk..now sure what kind of tree it was cool as fuck tho. We have similar tastes. Cool table

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
nice.

What is the white wood in the middle doing is to join the 2 planks and connect the base?
Do you mean the wood across the top? If so, it's two different slabs of wood joined but for black walnut the outside is blonde so when you join two slabs it's blonde/chocolate/blonde/blonde/chocolate/blonde. Depending how much of the blonde you keep on joined side. I'll take a pick and you can see the seam of the two slabs

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That really is a beautiful table. You aren't in Texas are you?

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Always wanted one of these. Few years back there was a guy in town that made them, more jagged oval shape like a slice from the base of the trunk..now sure what kind of tree it was cool as fuck tho. We have similar tastes. Cool table
“We have similar tastes.”

Fuck

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Damn, I'm now going to have to find someone doing something similar down here. My wife hates pur current table and she would love that.
http://www.liveedgestudio.com/gallery/

This is who did ours. We are in our “forever” home so everything we are buying is meant to last our lifetime and beyond kinda deal. It wasn’t cheap but I’m in my 30s and plan to eat at that table the rest of my life. Spend time with my kids, one day grandkids, celebrate birthdays and holidays, all at that table.

wood species will drastically impact the price and so will the base. Metal legs would have been a lot cheaper

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Do you mean the wood across the top? If so, it's two different slabs of wood joined but for black walnut the outside is blonde so when you join two slabs it's blonde/chocolate/blonde/blonde/chocolate/blonde. Depending how much of the blonde you keep on joined side. I'll take a pick and you can see the seam of the two slabs
yeah That’s it. I got it was two slabs. Just wondered why the White was so pronounced.
the wood is just so stunning. But it’s sending my ocd crazy. Couldn’t he have flipped it so the white would have joined and created a circle as opposed to two semi circles?

The base btw is a work of art And designed with tall peoples legs in mind.

So. What was the damage? I will be the crass one and ask what it cost.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
yeah That’s it. I got it was two slabs. Just wondered why the White was so pronounced.
the wood is just so stunning. But it’s sending my ocd crazy. Couldn’t he have flipped it so the white would have joined and created a circle as opposed to two semi circles?

The base btw is a work of art And designed with tall peoples legs in mind.

So. What was the damage? I will be the crass one and ask what it cost.
Sometimes can line two slabs up, sometimes you can't. Pro/con of this style.

Thanks, the base definitely added to the cost. Made it a bit cheaper going with white oak for that instead of the walnut

$3,156 after tax. But free delivery!

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Sometimes can line two slabs up, sometimes you can't. Pro/con of this style.

Thanks, the base definitely added to the cost. Made it a bit cheaper going with white oak for that instead of the walnut

$3,156 after tax. But free delivery!
that’s not a ridiculous price at all. Pretty good value for a lifetime piece, bargain imo.

I paid 2k for one in January but it did come with 6 chairs. Grey fabric ones ironically.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Damn, I'm now going to have to find someone doing something similar down here. My wife hates pur current table and she would love that.
Home Depot/Lowe's aroun here carry sheets of live edge if you feel like DYI'ing. Like a man.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
that’s not a ridiculous price at all. Pretty good value for a lifetime piece, bargain imo.

I paid 2k for one in January but it did come with 6 chairs. Grey fabric ones ironically.
I figured 6 chairs, unless we get on sale, will set us back another $1,200-$2,000. I'm dreading that

And you're right, in a decade the price won't be anything

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I figured 6 chairs, unless we get on sale, will set us back another $1,200-$2,000. I'm dreading that

And you're right, in a decade the price won't be anything
we got a pretty sweet deal. We’d just moved and needed a lot. Table and chairs, nest of tables, bookcase, tv cabinet and a single bed that converted into a double. A really good one.

book price for all that was about 7k but the sale was on and my wife can be deadly on a deal. I’ve trained her well. They think I’m going to drive the bargain so when she says your getting this it flummoxes them.

the chairs were £239 each was nuts. We ended up paying 80 quid each for them.
id actually like to try that deal again under the covid rules. Reckon I could get a monkey off the total we paid.

drive a hard bargain mate. Cash is king atm.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
we got a pretty sweet deal. We’d just moved and needed a lot. Table and chairs, nest of tables, bookcase, tv cabinet and a single bed that converted into a double. A really good one.

book price for all that was about 7k but the sale was on and my wife can be deadly on a deal. I’ve trained her well. They think I’m going to drive the bargain so when she says your getting this it flummoxes them.

the chairs were £239 each was nuts. We ended up paying 80 quid each for them.
id actually like to try that deal again under the covid rules. Reckon I could get a monkey off the total we paid.

drive a hard bargain mate. Cash is king atm.
Heck yeah. I'm a pay in full guy. We don't do debt. If I can't afford to pay for it I can't afford it lol.

And heck yeah on the wife. That's definitely the way to go

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Heck yeah. I'm a pay in full guy. We don't do debt. If I can't afford to pay for it I can't afford it lol.

And heck yeah on the wife. That's definitely the way to go

Totally. Why would you buy something that isn't yours?

Obviously mortgages are different.

Cars aren't though. I see people driving range rovers and bmws paying 300 to 400 a month and they will never own them!

Madness. Again in Jan we needed a family car. Bought a 3k off the lot for 2200 but then my wife kicked in. Brand new tires, brand new oil filter and something else. I'm not a car guy. Oh and a full tank of petrol which was 112 pounds.

So that was around 400 quid off as well.

Its my car. Nothing to pay. Everything done. Best car I've ever owned.

Its The Silver Thunderbird named after Marc Cohns song. Plus its silver obviously.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Totally. Why would you buy something that isn't yours?

Obviously mortgages are different.

Cars aren't though. I see people driving range rovers and bmws paying 300 to 400 a month and they will never own them!

Madness. Again in Jan we needed a family car. Bought a 3k off the lot for 2200 but then my wife kicked in. Brand new tires, brand new oil filter and something else. I'm not a car guy. Oh and a full tank of petrol which was 112 pounds.

So that was around 400 quid off as well.

Its my car. Nothing to pay. Everything done. Best car I've ever owned.

Its The Silver Thunderbird named after Marc Cohns song. Plus its silver obviously.
100%

Y'all are killing it