General New tool Saturday

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
So I am invested in the Makita line. For a drill I have their top of the range XPH07Z 18v brushless hammer drill. It's a beast and could probably break your wrist if you aren't careful. The only downside is it's heavy especially with 5amp batteries.

I watch a lot of Youtube repair guys in different fields. The majority use Milwaukee. Second is probably Dewalt. Many of them are using the smaller 12v Fuel Milwaukee drill/driver. I realized for most of what I do that would actually be perfect but I don't want tot get into a whole new line of batts and chargers.

Makita much to my surprise had a guy like me in mind. They have smaller 12v sized tools they call sub compact but in the 18v line. If you get the kit it comes with 2amp batts which are smaller and lighter than the 5amps. The sub line will take 5amps and the chargers are the same. In other words it's all interchangeable.

The kit comes with a quick charger, bag, two 2 amp batts the drill/driver and impact gun. It's the CX200RB.

It will be here today and I'm looking forward to it. I also like that it comes in a bag vs the hard case I have with my other set. i could put other tools in it should i need to take it somewhere.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The interchangeable aspect is really nice
I have the old style Makita(10 years old and still kicking strong) set and those new smaller batteries are nice...they finally dropped in price and are more reasonable to purchase

I even have the large impact wrench...Fucking beast but it eats batteries

How much did you get that set for champ?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The interchangeable aspect is really nice
I have the old style Makita(10 years old and still kicking strong) set and those new smaller batteries are nice...they finally dropped in price and are more reasonable to purchase

I even have the large impact wrench...Fucking beast but it eats batteries

How much did you get that set for champ?
Judging by the available information I'd say he sucked off 3 dogs they went to the store and paid full price

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I've been thinking about you, a lot. My GF gets mad when I shout your name during sex. She keeps asking who "don't stop" is? I've been trying to butch up my content for you.
Tell her she needs a man who can RAM her

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I watch a lot of tool test videos. Makita wins many of them and most when using the the flagship models. Milwaukee has the marketing end covered though. I also ordered a nice Milwaukee driver bit set for it. They just retooled their entire bit line and it looks pretty good.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
a few months back somebody at home depot informed me that they had a pricing malfunction of some sorts, and there were a couple makita small impact boxes at a crazy low price...was like 79 bucks and it had two of the small batteries, small impact wrench(I already have one but now have two) and a charger

I couldn't pass it up.

Committed to Makita myself...recipro saw, two small impact, one large impact, light, stereo, two drill//screwdrivers(one brushless), 5-6 batteries, 3 chargers, One circular saw(kinda a POS, I prefer my corded worm drive ones)...Good shit and it is holding up well after 10+ years as I stated earlier...Oh ya almost forgot the Portable Band Saw, it is pretty sweet.

Makita actually has been producing amazing chainsaws for 25+ years also...they bought Dolmar(Quality German Company) in early 90's.
I have a discontinued Dolmar 5150 and it is an amazing saw.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Makita is by far my favorite drill manufacturer.

Racist assholes like @Lars swear by DeWalt, but unlike him I have no problem admitting that the Japs make great products.

M

member 3289

Lars: BUT BRO PEARL HARBOR!!!!!

Me: That was almost 80 years ago. Also, you're Canadian.

Lars: Fuck those slant-eyed, small-dicked assholes.

Me: ..........

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
meh. IIRC, all of the Makita stuff we buy in the states now is made in China or Brazil.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
meh. IIRC, all of the Makita stuff we buy in the states now is made in China or Brazil.
Both made in China but i have bigger issues.

UN FUCKING REALLLLLLLLLLLL

The inner Makita box was not sealed. This came with no damn batteries. I just sent a message to the seller. I guess without ever actually having these in my hands I didn't know how small they really are and I mean that in a good way. These are going to be a game changer. Using my big one for bit driving is like using a 3/4" tool when a 1/4" would be fine.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't doubt it

I got mine because of cheap price...still works, can't complain

What US companies are still making power tools? anyone, anyone, Bueller?