General New Toyota engine

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"i'm gonna get one when the motor in this Camry goes"

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Pretty cool tech went into this.

LOL @ it's surprisingly easy to work on - then they proceed to take the hood off, the front bumper off, the radiator off, the exhaust off and remove the engine by dropping it down - only to find the timing chain is at the back of the engine so there's no way to mount the engine to a standard engine mount without making some modifications.

Sounds super easy.

Cool video though, although everyone knows he just made it so he knows how to put it all back together.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I miss the old days where you just needed to loosen the engine mounts and hook the fucker up to a block and tackle. You could have the engine out after a couple of beers.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
LOL @ it's surprisingly easy to work on - then they proceed to take the hood off, the front bumper off, the radiator off, the exhaust off and remove the engine by dropping it down - only to find the timing chain is at the back of the engine so there's no way to mount the engine to a standard engine mount without making some modifications.

Sounds super easy.

Cool video though, although everyone knows he just made it so he knows how to put it all back together.
Cool video but I sometimes was wondering if I was watching on fast forward. Guy talks fast.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Cool video but I sometimes was wondering if I was watching on fast forward. Guy talks fast.
A lot of times they take those vids and play them at 1.5X speed to make them shorter.

I thought the same thing when I was watching it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This is the one they partnered with BMW. While it has a lot of new amazing tech I doubt it will be anywhere near as reliable as a standard Toyota motor.
Toyota had BMW basically reengineer it because it wouldn't meet Toyota's reliability requirements.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Sounds super easy.

Welcome to 2006.

Belobog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
With the way language works, keep doing that and maybe one day it will be true.

On Wikipedia, motor and engine both direct to the same article.
Engine - Wikipedia
Engine - Wikipedia

NASA refers to rockets as motors.
NASA - Solid Rocket Boosters

MIT literature professor Mary Fuller:
MIT School of Engineering | » What’s the difference between a motor and an engine?
NASA can't even go to space without hitching a ride from Russia.

Russia doesn't even have a word for motor.
They have a word for engine though.

And it's A B backwardsN r a T e r(with a leg) b
AKA:
двигатель

Pronounced:
dvigatel'

Belobog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Engines generate power, motors consume power.
Very interesting. Tell me more about these power generating engines. Engines/motors convert energy from one form(e.g., gasoline, electrical energy, compressed air) to mechanical energy.

Last edited: