Cinema New TV Shows Coming this Fall

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Kidding (Sept. 9, Showtime)
Jim Carrey plays a Mr. Rogers-esque children's show host whose sanity starts to crumble.

Forever (Sept. 14, Amazon)
Follows a married couple who live a comfortable and predictable life in suburban California until they decide to shake things up with a ski trip, finding themselves in unfamiliar territory.

The First (Sept. 14, Hulu)
From the creator of House of Cards, sci-fi drama starring Sean Penn as an astronaut on a mission to colonize Mars

Maniac (Sept. 21, Netflix)
Jonah Hill and Emma Stone caught in a mind-altering drug experiment that blurs the lines between reality and hallucination.

Mr Inbetween (Sept. 25, FX)
A troubled dad takes on dirty jobs outside the law, juggling his various paternal and criminal duties.

The Romanoffs (Oct. 12, Amazon)
From the creator of Mad Men, an anthology series about a bunch of people who believe themselves to be descended from Russian royalty. Inject this straight into my penis.

My Brilliant Friend (November, HBO)
Based on the novels of Elena Ferranta, a series about the long-running love-hate bond between 2 women who meet as little girls in postwar Naples.

Homecoming (Nov. 5, Amazon)
From the creator of Mr.Robot, a thriller about a caseworker at a support center trying to help a soldier re-enter civilian life.

The Kominsky Method (Nov. 16, Netflix)
Bittersweet buddy comedy featuring Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas

Escape at Dannemora (Nov. 18, Showtime)

Based on the real-life prison break from 2015, the 2 killers played by Paul Dano and Benicio del Toro.

Little Drummer Girl (Nov 19, AMC)
Miniseries adaptation of the John Le Carre novel, centers on an actress in the late '70s embroiled in a plot between a mysterious stranger and a controlling spy.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
*Autumn.

Fall is what happens to tree
"The word autumn comes from the ancient Etruscan root autu- and has within it connotations of the passing of the year.[11] It was borrowed by the neighbouring Romans, and became the Latin word autumnus.[12] After the Roman era, the word continued to be used as the Old French word autompne (automne in modern French) or autumpne in Middle English,[13] and was later normalised to the original Latin. In the Medieval period, there are rare examples of its use as early as the 12th century, but by the 16th century, it was in common use."

"The alternative word fall for the season traces its origins to old Germanic languages. The exact derivation is unclear, with the Old English fiæll or feallan and the Old Norse fall all being possible candidates. However, these words all have the meaning "to fall from a height" and are clearly derived either from a common root or from each other. The term came to denote the season in 16th-century England, a contraction of Middle English expressions like "fall of the leaf" and "fall of the year".[16]"

If you want to say Autumn like a French puff, go right ahead.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Kidding looks excellent.

I'm not that excited for Forever.

I am over the top hyped about The First.

Maniac seem interesting and I'm a fan of the actors. But skinny Jonah Hill is taking me some time to accept.

Mr. Inbetween has potential but I could see it going either way.

Mother of God...The Romanoffs.

My Brilliant Friend is a brave chance, but who knows. HBO might pull the plug half way through it getting any good.

Homecoming? I will try any show that tries to sell me with Everything in its Right Place.

Dunno about the Kominsky Method. Michael Douglas is such a generous lover he got throat cancer, so I'll have to trust him.

Escape at Dannemora makes me want to please Benicio del Toro in an elevator.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"The word autumn comes from the ancient Etruscan root autu- and has within it connotations of the passing of the year.[11] It was borrowed by the neighbouring Romans, and became the Latin word autumnus.[12] After the Roman era, the word continued to be used as the Old French word autompne (automne in modern French) or autumpne in Middle English,[13] and was later normalised to the original Latin. In the Medieval period, there are rare examples of its use as early as the 12th century, but by the 16th century, it was in common use."

"The alternative word fall for the season traces its origins to old Germanic languages. The exact derivation is unclear, with the Old English fiæll or feallan and the Old Norse fall all being possible candidates. However, these words all have the meaning "to fall from a height" and are clearly derived either from a common root or from each other. The term came to denote the season in 16th-century England, a contraction of Middle English expressions like "fall of the leaf" and "fall of the year".[16]"

If you want to say Autumn like a French puff, go right ahead.