Society New Zealand goes full retard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Wow, that's... that's pretty important, that award, yah

We don't have those stupid paprika to torro or whatevers

And yes, we'd be that stupid, don't sell us short

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Wasn't Laurel Hubbard recently awarded "Sportswoman of the Year"?

I'm starting to see a pattern emerging here.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
John Lee Pettimore @John Lee Pettimore
Defend yourself for this idiocy!
1) I'm not a real New Zealander, and I'm not accountable for everything that happens here

2) This is an annual conservation publicity campaign.

3) There was a Facebook movement to get behind the bat to win the contest

4) Many people don't know that New Zealand has native bats, they are tiny, endangered and getting more endangered every year due to cats, rats, stoats etc.

5) Public awareness leads to public and government interest in addressing the problem

6) Now New Zealanders are significantly more aware of the native bats and the real and significant chance that they will become extinct if humans do not intervene, and it will be significantly easier to fund and launch conservation programs for them.

7) In fact, the very fact that you are now aware of New Zealand native bats because of this contest, is proof positive that it was a massive success in what it set out to do. ?

That's the defence, not of me personally but of the contest. ✌

??

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
For some perspective:

Most awesome bird - Tui
Most confusing bird - Kiwi
Not a bird - Bat
Also not a “Bird” - Laurel

NZ is batshit crazy at the moment.
Im a bit nuts currently too with this lockdown shit.

Don’t get me started on what is/was NZs favorite horse. It’s a close race between the PM and Phar Lap.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
For some perspective:

Most awesome bird - Tui
Most confusing bird - Kiwi
Not a bird - Bat
Also not a “Bird” - Laurel

NZ is batshit crazy at the moment.
Im a bit nuts currently too with this lockdown shit.

Don’t get me started on what is/was NZs favorite horse. It’s a close race between the PM and Phar Lap.

View: https://youtu.be/C2cMG33mWVY

Just groove friend, let the dark days pass.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
Phar Lap is (still alive last seen with tupac riding it) Australian just like pavlova
Haha yeah bro. I love the trans-Tasman ownership fights!

Well if AU is claiming Phar Lap, then they can fucking take Jacinda too.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
You can keep Tardern, what is it with you guys voting in hotties like her and Clark?
Cindy and Gaylord (Clark Gayford) are likeable people. Didn’t get my vote, but they seem to be cool - dropping beats on the DJ deck, and fucking the nanny.

I’m 3 months in lockdown, and anything I say should be dismissed as temporary insanity.

And the Tui is 100% the most awesome bird!!! Love those fucking things. Had one today in the backyard and it was awesome.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
Are you in Auckland? you guys just won best city in the world much to the irritation of actually Aucklanders hahaha
Yup - Ponsonby, Auckland.
It was the best place to be prior to this latest monumental fuck up of of epic proportions.

Now I’d rather be back in Sydney.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Yup - Ponsonby, Auckland.
It was the best place to be prior to this latest monumental fuck up of of epic proportions.

Now I’d rather be back in Sydney.
Ponsonby is nice af so not surprised you'd base yaself there mate...Wife's folks live in Beach Haven up in the north shore. Not too bad there either. Auckland as a whole is super conjested though imo. Literally every street I was in there were cars everywhere.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
Sydney is just emerging from a lockdown, hasnt bothered me too much since I work in banking so can work remotely but careful what you wish for this plac e can suck
Lived there from ‘06 - ‘20.
Lavender Bay for 10yrs, then Crows Nest for the last bit.

Love it, but you’re right it can be a challenging place to live in and yeah it does suck sometimes!

Worked from home since ‘14 (self employed). Are you with one of the big 4?

Don’t answer that if you’re not cool with sharing too much, it’s cool :)

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Hahahaha silly New Zealanders. They even had the gall to question whether Native people are illegal immigrants.

Oh wait

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Hahahaha silly New Zealanders. They even had the gall to question whether Native people are illegal immigrants.

Oh wait
Eh?

Technically, Maoris are illegal immigrants. They turned up in boats and displaced the people they found there.

??

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Heard you people have some decent mma-types down there. Who gives a shite if your birds are bats and your female weight lifters have pp's. I heard that in the US, their olympic decatheletes chop off their pp's and go on reality shows. I'm in Alaska, so I'm somewhat objective.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
This true Kiwi fruits on here?

Yes and no.

Yes people are mad about that.

No she's not some hated figure now, she's still the nation's preferred Prime Minister by miles over the nearest other candidate. Opposition party just named a new leader too (their sixth attempt to find someone to stand against Jacinda) and this guy is better than the others they've had, so there's something of a honeymoon period for him.

She's still destined to lose the next election, though. People will want a change, and she's been in charge from the start of covid. She's made tough call after tough call after tough call, while the opposition party has made absolutely no decisions of consequence to be accountable for. That means that she'll be extremely vulnerable in her next campaign. It'll be a message of "People are sick of hearing about covid, and Ardern insists on keeping acting like covid is an actual serious problem."

Although on the other hand, it's just hitting NZ for real now, for the first time. Thousands of Omicron cases per day. I've talked to so many people who they or their partners are REAL sick, and they're crying down the phone because they're shocked that it wasn't just a headcold after all.

??