News from Thailand

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Youssef Boughanem is from Belgium; he's the second farang to be current champion of Rajadamnern Stadium;

he has won titles in Thailand at MAX Muay Thai, Thai Fight, Omnoi Stadium and now a major stadium title - maybe the most sucessful farang ever even though he fights in a weight class that's not nearly among the most competitives - 160 lbs is big for thai standards.

Kompetlek is considered very lazy but suprised everybody with this performance and was winning the fight. Bets were 7-4 in his favor at the end of the 3rd round.

Last edited:

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Glory signs two elite Thai fighters; One of them has a cockfighting problem

Four new fighters have been signed to the GLORY Kickboxing ranks this week, including a World Muay Thai Council (WMC) champion and a former Lumpini Stadium champion.

Thongchai Sitsongpeenong comes from the famous Sitsongpeenong camp in Bangkok, Thailand. He is a friend and team mate of the GLORY world lightweight champion Sittichai Sitsongpeenong, who captured the belt at GLORY 31 AMSTERDAM after a rematch with defending champion Robin van Roosmalen. Large by Thai standards, he will be joining the welterweight division (170lbs/77kgs).

He turned professional at the age of 11 (and) won the Lumpini Stadium title at 147lbs, aged just 17;

Also coming to GLORY by way of Thailand is Petchpanomrung Kiatmoo9. His birth name is Pansang Aimsiri; he was given the name Petchpanomrung as his fighting name and Kiatmoo9 is the name of his team. It is located in Buriram province. 'Kiat' is the name of the village and it is located in the ninth 'moo' (district), hence the team's name.

Petchpanomrung is a former WMC champion. He is currently ranked at #7 in the Lumpini Stadium rankings at 140lbs and at #6 in the Rajadamnern Stadium rankings at 135lbs. He is joining the GLORY featherweight division, where he will fight at 145lbs.

News - Championship Thais among four new fighters signed to GLORY

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Golden Era legend and famous trainer Nokweed Davy has passed away

A former three division Rajdamnern Stadium and WMC champion, Nokweed Davy has passed away last week. He fought in muay thai's "Golden Era" (late 80's and early 90's) and was one of the first thais to fight in K1, often giving up unbelievable ammounts of weight. Later he became a legendary trainer in several gyms in his native area of Southern Thailand but in his last days he apparently was addicted to crystal metamphetamine ("ice") weighing around 40kilos/90pounds. So sad.

Here he is giving up a small person's bodyweight to a young Jerome LeBanner:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggnz3KKx1ww

And here is a breakdown of his spinning back fist attack. Dude was tricky...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnWRL4xwnMQ

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Some of the absolute elite of muay thai fought last night at Raja Stadium

Sangmanee vs. Thanonchai here - one of the best fights I've watched this year. Mishima Zaibatsu @AcidRain you were looking for less clinching and more boxing in muay thai right? almost no clinching here and look how much they stay in boxing range beating the shit out of each other - although Sangmanee was abusing of elbows as well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINYOYHVQl4

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
Some of the absolute elite of muay thai fought last night at Raja Stadium

Sangmanee vs. Thanonchai here - one of the best fights I've watched this year. Mishima Zaibatsu @AcidRain you were looking for less clinching and more boxing in muay thai right? almost no clinching here and look how much they stay in boxing range beating the shit out of each other - although Sangmanee was abusing of elbows as well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINYOYHVQl4
Oh man, this is fantastic!

If every Muay Thai fight was like this I'd be a huge fan.

I love elbows too, I like to see it all, every limb, I just don't like the clinch fighting. I'm a stupid westerner like that, can't enjoy the MT clinch, aha.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Oh man, this is fantastic!

If every Muay Thai fight was like this I'd be a huge fan.

I love elbows too, I like to see it all, every limb, I just don't like the clinch fighting. I'm a stupid westerner like that, can't enjoy the MT clinch, aha.
sometimes the clinching gets messy and it's hard to enjoy - I'll give you that. but sometimes there's beauty and technique and good strikes in the clinch too. but to each his own.

this fight was simply fantastic though. the 4th round was round of the year no doubt. Sangmanee is awesome and displayed so much heart.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
and Kunlun is putting together a stacked event tomorrow (early hours of saturday in west) with p4p #1 kickboxer in the world Sittichai Sitsongpenong rematching felllow thai Superbon Banchamek and former K1 star Buakaw fighting french nak muay Dylan Salvador, among others (Jomthong and recent Glory signee Thongchai Sitsongpeenong)

I have three posible links where I'm expecting to be able to watch this live in the morning. should be awesome.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
King Bhumipol has passed away

Beloved Thai King Bhumipol Adulyadej has passed away. The King's son is not very well liked by thai people and it is expected that both the monarchy and the army will lose prestige;

All muay thai shows in Bangkok are cancelled for a month.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
Youssef Boughanem is from Belgium; he's the second farang to be current champion of Rajadamnern Stadium;

he has won titles in Thailand at MAX Muay Thai, Thai Fight, Omnoi Stadium and now a major stadium title - maybe the most sucessful farang ever even though he fights in a weight class that's not nearly among the most competitives - 160 lbs is big for thai standards.

Kompetlek is considered very lazy but suprised everybody with this performance and was winning the fight. Bets were 7-4 in his favor at the end of the 3rd round.

I love Thai culture.

...oh and Saenchai wheel kicks. Those are awesome too.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/9TkC2MvcEi/?taken-by=karatehottiemma

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
well with the mourning for the death of King Bhumipol extending until after the weekend of ufc 205 there won't be no news in the muay thai scene from Thailand.

so it's time to catch up with other recent fights

here is Saenchai fighting in Thai Fight in China extending his win streak to 20+ fights over two years:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaez6RJJqn0