Next Superhero GP - what do you want?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I've been thinking of keeping the next Grand Prix simpler and more relatable by opening it to movie characters. So movie versions of Thor, Ironman, Superman, Hulk etc. Doesn't have to be capes, either. We could include transformers, Godzilla, Pacific Rim, horror movies etc.

The other option is more complicated but potentially more interesting. Treadstone06 @Treadstone06 suggested a superhero draft. I missed the previous one but as I understand it, players take turns to pick their characters and they build a team. The teams then face off, using particular strategies that may be unique to the team combination.

If you're interested, let me know. I'm also open to other ideas.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I like idea number 1,and if there's a lot of participation do I g the draft next? I dunno, either is cool with me. It was a lot of fun last time

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I like idea number 1,and if there's a lot of participation do I g the draft next? I dunno, either is cool with me. It was a lot of fun last time
That's a good idea, I'm just wary of saturating the game

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
PS - Aquaman doesn't get a recount.
THIS IS BULLSHIT !

Also you need to somehow figure out different locations for the fights to happen at. I understand the grassy field neutral location but some of them need certain environments to make it a even fight.

How about an All Female Superhero Battle?

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I want to see Omega Red
Mr.Sinister
Cyclops
Rogue
Storm
Captain Marvel
Morph

I will think of some more

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I like the idea of doing GPs based on type of heroes, eg street level heroes, tech heroes, magic based characters, strong guys etc.

I'd like a scientist battle (No Hulk though):

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
The Atom
Beast
Starman (Golden Age
Reed Richards (Heavy favorite)

Etc.

They each get a full university worth of lab equipment in all the sciences and some adderall.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I like the idea of doing GPs based on type of heroes, eg street level heroes, tech heroes, magic based characters, strong guys etc.

I'd like a scientist battle (No Hulk though):

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
The Atom
Beast
Starman (Golden Age
Reed Richards (Heavy favorite)

Etc.

They each get a full university worth of lab equipment in all the sciences and some adderall.
I think some people agree with you, while others like the contrast of magic vs telekinesis etc. I'll have to think it through.
Don't pick on me but I don't understand how these things work but, like I said, am very interested.
If you search "superhero" you can see how we did the last one. Basic premise is you pick a character and I then match them up in a random draw. Your character goes head to head with someone else's, you make an argument for why you should win and people vote for who they think would win. Winner goes through to the next round.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
If you search "superhero" you can see how we did the last one. Basic premise is you pick a character and I then match them up in a random draw. Your character goes to head to head with someone else's, you make an argument for why you should win and people vote for who they think would win. Winner goes through to the next round.
I will do this search but, based on that, I'm definitely game. Especially for the ladies. :wink:

Actually, that sounds sketchy. I know some lady superhero stuff.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've been thinking of keeping the next Grand Prix simpler and more relatable by opening it to movie characters. So movie versions of Thor, Ironman, Superman, Hulk etc. Doesn't have to be capes, either. We could include transformers, Godzilla, Pacific Rim, horror movies etc.

The other option is more complicated but potentially more interesting. Treadstone06 @Treadstone06 suggested a superhero draft. I missed the previous one but as I understand it, players take turns to pick their characters and they build a team. The teams then face off, using particular strategies that may be unique to the team combination.

If you're interested, let me know. I'm also open to other ideas.
How about if you pick the 12 characters and then a lottery decides who gets what character. That way we have to research different characters that we aren't used to.

CavemanBJJ

Oct 19, 2015
I'm in I think we should blend powers though that makes it more fun...doing a powerless/street level hero gp would be cool too