General NFL 2020 Season Official Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I think they've looked flat.
Maybe it's because they are bored, but they've been in a bunch of close games against so-so opponents.

Victories of...
3 pts over the 6-9 Chargers
4 and 8 pts over the 7-8 Raiders
2 pts over the 5-10 Panthers
6 pts over the 5-10 Broncos
3 pts over the 4-11 Falcons

In the playoffs I think Tennessee has the best chance to beat them. Probably still the favorite to win the AFC though.
Agreed. Boredom is probably part of the cause. I think Colin Cowherd said that no other team in history has won 6 games in a row by 6 or fewer points. Crazy. The bottom line is so far they have been able to turn on the switch when it really matters. That may or may not be the case when the teams are better and the weather is worse. It worked for them last year so maybe it will again. If i were a Chiefs fan i wouldn’t be too confident given how they have played recently.

The Titans might have a chance. I would say any team that can run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field has a slight chance. The Raiders seem to match up well. Too bad they aren’t getting in.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Agreed. Boredom is probably part of the cause. I think Colin Cowherd said that no other team in history has won 6 games in a row by 6 or fewer points. Crazy. The bottom line is so far they have been able to turn on the switch when it really matters. That may or may not be the case when the teams are better and the weather is worse. It worked for them last year so maybe it will again. If i were a Chiefs fan i wouldn’t be too confident given how they have played recently.

The Titans might have a chance. I would say any team that can run the ball and keep Mahomes off the field has a slight chance. The Raiders seem to match up well. Too bad they aren’t getting in.
The teams that do really well in the crappy weather games have a great ground game but also a great defense. Not sure the Titans quite match up in the latter department.

Having said that, any team can win on a given day, which is why the playoffs are so exciting. It's not always the best team that wins the Superbowl.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Maybe it's because they are bored, but they've been in a bunch of close games against so-so opponents.

Victories of...

In the playoffs I think Tennessee has the best chance to beat them. Probably still the favorite to win the AFC though.
they are beatable

Big Red is a mofo calling plays though
Tricky tricky playbook

Reid might go back to back

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

Victories of...

6-9 ha nice giggity

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
A pick in the 1st quarter for the phins is a great start. They've just got the keep it close until Allen gets benched and then turn it on at the end.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Hmmm, Tua might have time to throw it if the OL actually blocked the rushers.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Dolphins stepping up big in must win situation.
Tua is hasn't been the same since the Denver game

Teams keep running the same handful of zones and he can't move the ball downfield enough

Fitz probably wins this game but he has "covid"

Miami choking bad

Bills are a juggernaut

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Josh Allen being benched can Miami comeback?
When you are up 3 TDs you aren't benched. You are pulled.

Benched indicates poor play. Like when Tua was benched 2x earlier this year and was saved by Fitz.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
When you are up 3 TDs you aren't benched. You are pulled.

Benched indicates poor play. Like when Tua was benched 2x earlier this year and was saved by Fitz.
If one of those two times was vs Denver Fitz played well but ended up throwing an INT to seal the loss

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Damn, I wish I didn't agree with that meme, but I do.

I'm not usually very serious on this thread, I'll cheerlead for the Fins and claim their players are all time greats etc. I'm concerned by the lack of progress Tua is making though.

Having said that, look at the other side of the field today. Josh Allen didn't exactly set the world on fire in his rookie season did he? In his second season he looked solid but unspectacular too. This season he's setting franchise records.