General NFL 2020 Season Official Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Damn, I wish I didn't agree with that meme, but I do.

I'm not usually very serious on this thread, I'll cheerlead for the Fins and claim their players are all time greats etc. I'm concerned by the lack of progress Tua is making though.

Having said that, look at the other side of the field today. Josh Allen didn't exactly set the world on fire in his rookie season did he? In his second season he looked solid but unspectacular too. This season he's setting franchise records.
The question is if Fields is still on the board by the 4th or 5th pick do you reroll? Or do you get someone like Waddle or DeVonta Smith?

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
The question is if Fields is still on the board by the 4th or 5th pick do you reroll? Or do you get someone like Waddle or DeVonta Smith?
No idea, I don't follow college football or any draft news. Is Fields super high rated?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Damn, I wish I didn't agree with that meme, but I do.

I'm not usually very serious on this thread, I'll cheerlead for the Fins and claim their players are all time greats etc. I'm concerned by the lack of progress Tua is making though.

Having said that, look at the other side of the field today. Josh Allen didn't exactly set the world on fire in his rookie season did he? In his second season he looked solid but unspectacular too. This season he's setting franchise records.
Herbert is outplaying his draft day perception

I saw every one of his college snaps and he had some real questions...and he needs to continue to be good, lots of QBs take a step back when the league gets a bunch of film on them and NFL defenses adjust

Taking a lefty with injury issues was a reach...I think Tua could be great, but he has a lot to learn about reading NFL DFence

JURY is still out on both IMO

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019

I saw every one of his college snaps and he had some real questions...and he needs to continue to be good, lots of QBs take a step back when the league gets a bunch of film on them and NFL defenses adjust

Taking a lefty with injury issues was a reach...I think Tua could be great, but he has a lot to learn about reading NFL DFence

Back in the day QBs were given 3 or so years to develop, Josh Allen may be a good example of why. In todays' NFL everyone seems to expect instant results to be sure.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
He might be OK. O line needs to be better and their receiving corp is pretty meh. I like their TE though.
Injuries haven't helped the receivers, but it wouldn't hurt to add a Randy Moss 2.0 to the team that's for sure :)

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Jags aren't going to score today.
They look horrible.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015

Herbert will likely have a bit of a sophomore slump when teams have the offseason to dissect his film. I think he still has a much higher ceiling than Tua.

i thought the play calling at Oregon was a little conservative and didn’t really showcase all his abilities. Someone said it was because the backup wasn’t good and the coaches didn’t want Herbert out of the pocket risking injury. When they turned him lose in the bowl game he lit it up, if i recall correctly.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I would gladly take Fields over Tua.
What I loved about Tua was mainly the quick release and that lefties look cool throwing the ball...and his mobility(the mobility is still there but he will forever be fragile and hesitant to run all out at NFL defenders after being injured so badly)

In the NFL quick release is only as good as his reads, receivers, and offensive line...so that isn't a constant strength for him right now as he mostly throws short

Fields looks good...got some deshaun watson style

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
CBS has fucked us Raider fans from watching the game today.They are showing the Rams game instead.I hope that it`s not like this next year.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Herbert will likely have a bit of a sophomore slump when teams have the offseason to dissect his film. I think he still has a much higher ceiling than Tua.

i thought the play calling at Oregon was a little conservative and didn’t really showcase all his abilities. Someone said it was because the backup wasn’t good and the coaches didn’t want Herbert out of the pocket risking injury. When they turned him lose in the bowl game he lit it up, if i recall correctly.
Herbert lacked leadership qualities at Oregon.

I think NFL teams like chargers are so solid he just gets to play ball and show his skills while other guys lead and hold the Offense accountable.

His leadership will have to grow eventually.

I know him(from when he was tiny) and he is a great dude, smart, friendly, and a helluva athlete.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
What I loved about Tua was mainly the quick release and that lefties look cool throwing the ball...and his mobility(the mobility is still there but he will forever be fragile and hesitant to run all out at NFL defenders after being injured so badly)

In the NFL quick release is only as good as his reads, receivers, and offensive line...so that isn't a constant strength for him right now as he mostly throws short

Fields looks good...got some deshaun watson style
I think Fields is a better thrower than Watson, but not close athletically.

Seems like i talk shit about Tua, but i hope he has a solid career. I just didn’t see what most people saw with him. I could’ve made lots of the throws he made at Bama. It’s easy to throw the ball when you are throwing to NFL revivers against JV defensive backs. He’s very accurate. That’s gonna be his calling card. The quick release is nice too. My biggest problem has always been that he’s undersized and not as athletic as he thinks so he takes hits. Hopefully he stays healthy and plays well, but i don’t think he’s ever gonna be a top 5 qb in the league.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Damn what happened to the Steelers? Didn`t they start 12-0?
league figured out Ben caught a case of Noodle arm and now only cover the 20 yard and under stuff...now defenses are keeping it all in front of them and steelers struggle to score enough
same thing that happened to 2015 peyton manning(case of noodle arm)...but he had an all time great Defense so they grabbed a ring somehow

Ben can't even come close to stretching the field now...maybe they rested him this week to see if he can get a little more MPH on his fastball