Sports NFL 2022-2023 Official Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The Steelers offense hasn't turned up in the second half.

I feel like Pickett would have to pull a few big plays out of the hat for them to to remain competitive here, and I'm not sure he has that kind of talent.
Pickett is going to have a good career I think. Unfortunately.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He has some skills and some intangibles
They just need a better O line and they will be fine
Didn't watch today but they don't get much push to create a run game lately

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Not sure I see that myself, but then again I think I've only seen him in one other game, so that's a pretty small sample size.

Also, LOL at the commentators regarding that drive: "I'm not sure it qualifies as a drive if you're going backwards" :D

Refs throwing flags against the Steelers too ;)

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The healing doesn't begin until they admit the error and move on without him.
Your 4 year assessment might be pretty close - but the timer hasn't started yet.
SO much guaranteed money they can't move on
Have to burn the coach and/or next coach to try and make it work

It was two years of 1st and 2nd round picks, your top current QB prospect(lock), a first round TE(Fant), and a top 20 DT(Shelby Harris).

The contract is a nightmare 165 million guaranteed over the next 3 years
If they move on in 2026(wtf) he still takes up 55 million of their salary cap, will still be paying him 18.4 million of his signing bonus
If they move on in 2027(sigh) he takes up only 31,200,000 of their salary cap, still have to pay another 9 million of his signing bonus

He will be out of the league and they will still be paying him chunks of his 92 million dollar signing bonus

So pot committed it isn't even funny, Seahawks are gonna get a top 5 pick in the draft and have the spot to take the QB the broncos will be wishing they had a chance at.

QBs on rookie deals are the move now, everybody knows this.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Remember when UFC announcer Richard "The G-Man" Goins...Goins stayed up on the billboard for 33 days until the Broncos won?

1669076854167.png

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
SO much guaranteed money they can't move on
Have to burn the coach and/or next coach to try and make it work

It was two years of 1st and 2nd round picks, your top current QB prospect(lock), a first round TE(Fant), and a top 20 DT(Shelby Harris).

The contract is a nightmare 165 million guaranteed over the next 3 years
If they move on in 2026(wtf) he still takes up 55 million of their salary cap, will still be paying him 18.4 million of his signing bonus
If they move on in 2027(sigh) he takes up only 31,200,000 of their salary cap, still have to pay another 9 million of his signing bonus

He will be out of the league and they will still be paying him chunks of his 92 million dollar signing bonus

So pot committed it isn't even funny, Seahawks are gonna get a top 5 pick in the draft and have the spot to take the QB the broncos will be wishing they had a chance at.

QBs on rookie deals are the move now, everybody knows this.
What a clusterfuck.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What a clusterfuck.
He is basically on his old seahawks contract for this year and next year, problem is Broncos extended that and paid him as the Highest Paid QB in the league for 3 years after that

Extended him without watching him play a single down in denver, he is technically signed with Denver until 2028

Problem is, he is playing like the 25-30th best QB in the NFL

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
He is basically on his old seahawks contract for this year and next year, problem is Broncos extended that and paid him as the Highest Paid QB in the league for 3 years after that

Extended him without watching him play a single down in denver, he is technically signed with Denver until 2028

Problem is, he is playing like the 25-30th best QB in the NFL
it's the extension where they truly fucked up. It was completely unnecessary.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Haha
I never liked the deal one bit

Wanted them to get Rodgers or just keep Lock(ditch bridgewater) and draft more QB talent to compete

GM has to go for this move and the HC hire

Set the broncos back 4 years I reckon
Saw a stat that if they’d scored 18 points in regulation each game they’d be 9-1. They need to figure out how to get him on track or pick up journeyman.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Saw a stat that if they’d scored 18 points in regulation each game they’d be 9-1. They need to figure out how to get him on track or pick up journeyman.
Can't sit a guy your paying 45 mill a year to

I know you can but they won't, because at that moment the the GM has to be fired

Lock averaged 20 points a game in his NFL career, Teddy Pondwater averaged around 18 also

Defense is playing amazing considering they don't get much rest after the offense repeatedly goes 3 and out

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
it's the extension where they truly fucked up. It was completely unnecessary.
They felt pot committed to sign him because they gave up the 4 high draft picks and 3 decent to good players and didn't wanna lose him after 2 seasons.

But now they have become 10X more pot committed, instead of just letting him prove his worth. Worst case scenario if he plays really well is that you have to sign him for more $$$ from your new Walmart Owner Ownership Group after this year. Worst case scenario if he plays like ass is what you are currently witnessing, a complete derailing of any rebuilding of the franchise for 3-4 years.

So the GM tried to get a "deal" on Wilson and instead put his head on the chopping block and soiled his solid reputation.

Such a disaster of a "mega trade".

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Is there anything more annoying in the NFL than Ezekiel Elliot's "feed me" gesture?

Pollard's the better back anyway.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Hey Hauler @Hauler, how's the Bengals vs Titans game going?

I'm watching the 'Fins crush the Texans, so I'm not keeping up with it. On paper, it looks like one of the best games of the week.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Hey Hauler @Hauler, how's the Bengals vs Titans game going?

I'm watching the 'Fins crush the Texans, so I'm not keeping up with it. On paper, it looks like one of the best games of the week.
He’s still hurting from the tw@ kicking “the” Ohio state university took against Michigan. Give him time to recover

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Brown beats the Bucs. Gotta wonder why Brady continues to put his body thru this shit.