Sports NFL 2024-25 Official Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Bad Monkey

Aug 13, 2024
Lol even as a Dallas fan Troy was never in the GOAT debate. He should not even be in the HOF. Hes by far the worst HOF QB.

Point being Mahomes if he presses Brady he blows by Montana. Then the next goat does the same. That would be suspect as we all agreed that getting 1 one hard. Shit people say Eli should be in the HOF for 2 rings.

I'm talking about 3 guys would win 20ish SBs in a very short time relative to the history of the NFL and what we though possible. Montana/Bradshaw 8 would mean very little compart to that hypothetical group.
So a guy not in the GOAT discussion in his prime got 3 rings. If you look at the Super Bowl era there are guys getting three rings in every decade, more or less. 70s Bradshaw, 80s Montana, 90s Aikman, 00s Brady, 10s Brady, 20s Mahomes.
My point is Mahomes success can’t be determined to be proof of conspiracy, as there have been QBs collecting rings in bunches all along.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Steve Young was ahead of his time
Nowadays they come in running
1729558935413.png
As soon as I saw Mike Evans fall I knew he was fucked up. That was a full on gator roll.
His hamstring is apparently already fucked coming into game, might have just torn or pulled it bad.

BruteDion

Aug 13, 2024
So a guy not in the GOAT discussion in his prime got 3 rings. If you look at the Super Bowl era there are guys getting three rings in every decade, more or less. 70s Bradshaw, 80s Montana, 90s Aikman, 00s Brady, 10s Brady, 20s Mahomes.
My point is Mahomes success can’t be determined to be proof of conspiracy, as there have been QBs collecting rings in bunches all along.
You didnt fully read what I said. I said Mahomes+Brady+Another unnamed QB right after Mahomes.

Bad Monkey

Aug 13, 2024
And I’m say that it is very likely there is someone right behind Mahomes that gets 3-4 rings, and upon his accent he will be compared to Brady/Mahomes/Montana.

BruteDion

Aug 13, 2024
And I’m say that it is very likely there is someone right behind Mahomes that gets 3-4 rings, and upon his accent he will be compared to Brady/Mahomes/Montana.
Right after maybe. But what does that have to do with my hypothetical when my hypothetical is that Mahomes gets another 4 and then right after him another get gets another 7 just as quick?

You see the difference between what you are saying and what I'm saying right? It's pretty massive.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Bad Monkey

Aug 13, 2024
Right after maybe. But what does that have to do with my hypothetical when my hypothetical is that Mahomes gets another 4 and then right after him another get gets another 7 just as quick?

You see the difference between what you are saying and what I'm saying right? It's pretty massive.
Ok, if you’re saying the bar is seven, then yeah, I agree with you. But we’re comparing Mahomes to Brady and Mahomes has three. I’m saying it is likely someone gets three or four right after Mahomes, possibly overlapping.

Seven? I’m as big a KC homer as there is. The odds Mahomes gets seven is next to zero. I’m hoping for five.

Chrit

RdotC
Aug 13, 2024
Lamar with another 250+ yard passing game.

Can't wait for Nick Wright to invent more reasons that he shouldnt be the MVP favorite.

Chrit

RdotC
Aug 13, 2024
Most games with 4+ pass TD and 50+ rush yards, since 1950:
  • Lamar Jackson: 7
  • Cam Newton: 3
  • Michael Vick: 2
  • Aaron Rodgers: 2

Chrit

RdotC
Aug 13, 2024
Why was Godwin still in the game?

Bucs have no way to win.... 10 pt game, no timeouts, and they can't go onside again.