Sports [NHL]Cocksuckas Fire Don Cherry!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
#doncherryisright
#doncherryiswrong
#doncherryforPM
#judasmaclean
are all trending on canada twitter right now

nickp

Jan 12, 2018
Now that Don Cherry is gone it’s time to focus on a similar outcome for Mike Milbury

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Photo: Sportsnet
Former NHL executive Brian Burke is listed as the heavy favourite to be Don Cherry's successor on "Hockey Night in Canada" on one sports betting site.

SportsBettingDime.com has released odds on candidates to replace Cherry after the commentator was sacked by Sportsnet yesterday for a rant about immigrants not wearing poppies on his "Coach's Corner" segment on Saturday.

Burke, who currently works as an analyst at Sportsnet, is listed as the 3-2 favourite (must bet $2 to win $3) to appear on Cherry's longtime "Coach's Corner" segment on Saturday.

Burke is the 5-4 pick to be the full-time replacement next season.

Sportsnet has not said whether it plans to keep the "Coach's Corner" segment, which has been a first-intermission staple on HNIC.

Sportsnet hockey commentators Kelly Hrudey, Colby Armstrong and Craig Simpson are among the other betting favourites for Cherry's job.

The site also is taking odds on what Cherry does next, with working for another media organization the favourite.

If he goes into politics, the odds consider Cherry's most likely destination to be under Ontario Premier Doug Ford and the Conservative party.

Cherry is listed as a 2,000-1 pick to join the NDP.

Jan 21, 2015
I support Cherry even though I think he’s wrong on this issue

whole thing shows how sensitive speech has become

M

member 3289

The last time I talked to @Lars on the phone he also referred to Canada's most populous city as "Tuh-ranna"

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I wear a poppy for my friend who lost his life in service for our country.

I wear it for no other reasons than that.

It's my choice to wear it and I don't force others to wear one. I'm an adult and I understand that I cannot force others to think or act how I want them to. I am only in control of my own feelings and actions.

I have often given them away if someone says they have been meaning to get one and not yet had the chance as I usually buy a bunch yearly.

The people the poppy represents did their duty so that you can wear one or not. That's the the beauty of their gift. People have the right to wear them or not. People have the right to think how they want.

What I won't do is shame others who chose not to wear it. I also won't call for someone to lose their job because they have a different opinion than I do and they choose to voice it.

If you feel you have to force someone else to do something or agree with your opinions and thoughts and you try to force them through intimidation or fear, then you really don't understand what the poppy and the people who served/died for it are about.

...and that's the real shame here.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I wear a poppy for my friend who lost his life in service for our country.

I wear it for no other reasons than that.

It's my choice to wear it and I don't force others to wear one. I'm an adult and I understand that I cannot force others to think or act how I want them to. I am only in control of my own feelings and actions.

I have often given them away if someone says they have been meaning to get one and not yet had the chance as I usually buy a bunch yearly.

The people the poppy represents did their duty so that you can wear one or not. That's the the beauty of their gift. People have the right to wear them or not. People have the right to think how they want.

What I won't do is shame others who chose not to wear it. I also won't call for someone to lose their job because they have a different opinion than I do and they choose to voice it.

If you feel you have to force someone else to do something or agree with your opinions and thoughts and you try to force them through intimidation or fear, then you really don't understand what the poppy and the people who served/died for it are about.

...and that's the real shame here.
Pretty much how I feel on the issue.

I wear one for a variety of reasons. Personally, I think everyone should wear one and if someone asks me that's what I tell them, but if someone doesn't want to that's their prerogative. I guess naively I like to think that people who don't wear one, don't because they haven't taken the time to reflect rather than some political statement. Of course, they also didn't give me a TV show and tell me to say whatever I want.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
WARMINGTON: Don Cherry comes back with a new show

“My son, Tim, is going to do it with me and my grandson Del,” said Grapes.

At least he knows they won’t turn on him when the waters get rough as MacLean did.

“They did great,” Don said of Tim and Del. ”I think people are really going to enjoy this one and the ones we do down the road.”

Tim Cherry tells me the plan is to tape and post it every Monday.

“That way we cover off what happened on the weekend in hockey,” said Tim. “It’s going to be fun.”

For Don’s fans, who are already missing him and unlikely to tune into whatever Sportsnet comes up with to replace the 38-year-old segment, this will give them the opportunity to hear what he has to say. For Don himself, it will connect him with the hockey fans and players he loves while getting back on horse quickly.

It will be in audio broadcast to start with but Tim says it could grow into a TV-style show with cameras and sponsors.

If The Grapevine title sounds familiar it’s because Don’s television show, which Tim produced, was on the air from 1982-93 — filmed in Hamilton.

The new project will feature Don talking about the NHL and hockey and whatever he wants without any censorship.

If he wants to talk about poppies, he can do it without being fired. If he wants to talk about the troops or cops or firefighters or honour the fallen, no one can tell him to keep his nose out of it.

Mostly the plan is to talk hockey. And he won’t have just seven minutes to get it all out.

“The first podcast is about half an hour,” said Tim.