Nick Diaz shuts down UFC return

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yup. This is what happens when fighters get FU money..................................

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I heard Nick got a shit ton for the GSP & Silva fights...
Like he got a Mill for fighting Silva?
forgot about GSP...if he got points he got paid...that one sold a lot I bet
probably spends like 300 bucks a day so I guess that will last a while

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Like he got a Mill for fighting Silva?
forgot about GSP...if he got points he got paid...that one sold a lot I bet
probably spends like 300 bucks a day so I guess that will last a while
I think it was like 5 mill for Anderson.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
From 2014.

“I don’t recommend anybody be a fighter,” Diaz admitted on a Wednesday media call. “Fighting is not something that I enjoy doing, it’s something that I do that I feel I have to do. That’s just the way it is. There’s a lot to it.”

Nick Diaz: 'Fighting is not something that I enjoy doing'
He said that after he got a huge payday against GSP and has only one fight since then (another big payday). And previously to that big payday he fought 34 times in 12 years. Nearly three fights a year...

Nate had 2 fights in a year after Nick said that, then hit paydirt with Conor (twice in 2016) and now has not had a fight in 2.5 years. Before Conor, Nate had 39 fights in 11 years. 3.5 fights a year...

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
can't imagine all the nut fleas klingons sucking his dollars away. probably stockton's economy will collapse after they drain his bank account. then he'll have to step in the ring and get his ass kicked to jump start the stockton party circuit. rather see gilbert el nino melendez step in the ring, don't think he parties as hard as the diaz bros. could be wrong though.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He said that after he got a huge payday against GSP and has only one fight since then (another big payday). And previously to that big payday he fought 34 times in 12 years. Nearly three fights a year...

Nate had 2 fights in a year after Nick said that, then hit paydirt with Conor (twice in 2016) and now has not had a fight in 2.5 years. Before Conor, Nate had 39 fights in 11 years. 3.5 fights a year...
I just don't agree with the blanket statement that once fighters get big pay they don't want to fight. What about a guy like Anderson Silva. Before red panty night it was Anderson Silva money and he's old a relatively active. Unfortunately very few fighters have FU money so it's tough to point to multiple examples.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
nick is getting paid by clubs and weed companies right now. his instagram is just him going to dispensaries and signing autographs and him partying in clubs. he isnt making no 5 million dollars doing it but he is living the rockstar life right now. i can see why he doesnt want to come back .he never enjoyed fighting or attention ,the media,spotlight ,etc. the ufc game has changed since nick was fighting . its the conor and colby era. dudes talk mad shit and get away with it now. nick is done in this game. there isnt really any good fights for him anyways. other than a rematch vs gsp and anderson and a never going to happen fight vs conor who is he going to fight? all the wrestlers will lay on him for 5 rounds and there is no real gangsters left who will stand and bang and go to war .consider nick retired from this point on

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I just don't agree with the blanket statement that once fighters get big pay they don't want to fight. What about a guy like Anderson Silva. Before red panty night it was Anderson Silva money and he's old a relatively active. Unfortunately very few fighters have FU money so it's tough to point to multiple examples.
what is considered FU money anyways? the only guys who made the real big money are conor,gsp,silva. all have made red panty night money on multiple PPVs in their careers. conor made that floyd money and gsp and silva were champs headlining ppvs for multiple years in the prime of the zuffa years. jon jones made some big pay days but not as many as he could have and im going to go out on a limb and say he spent a lot of it. guys like DC made good money but not quite FU level money. the rest of the champs might have a house and some money in the bank but not to the point of telling dana to fuck off and riding into the sunset. beyond that most fighter would probably be better off if they had a job. very few guys have made that true FU money

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Seeing Nick Diaz like he is in that video makes me sad. He seems like a guy that’s struggling with something in his life. Maybe I’m totally wrong, but I hope he doesn’t get all fucked up and become a headline in the news.

I was a huge fan of Nick, but I don’t really want to see he come back to MMA right now.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
can't imagine all the nut fleas klingons sucking his dollars away. probably stockton's economy will collapse after they drain his bank account. then he'll have to step in the ring and get his ass kicked to jump start the stockton party circuit. rather see gilbert el nino melendez step in the ring, don't think he parties as hard as the diaz bros. could be wrong though.
Well his old coach was such a nut flea he and his bro had to drop his ass as a Manager and don't even rep his camp anymore if I'm correct. Also Giblert seems more motivated and is also a father and husband to an awesome girl...

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
good for nick.. too many fighters have to make another payday and put it on the line.. all the while risking their bodies and health for what? so danus white can make it snow again? as weird as nick can be, if he knows it's time to shut it down, fans can't disagree with that.. dude has had a stellar career.. given us lots to discuss and talk about one way or the other.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
FU money is different for each guy. Aside from coke, Nick doesn’t seem like the type of guy to blow through millions per year on crazy cars and houses. 10 mill would last him way longer than a guy like Conor.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
35 used to be ancient in combat sports. MMA weirdly pushed life expectancy during the TRT era and it never quite corrected itself.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
FU money is different for each guy. Aside from coke, Nick doesn’t seem like the type of guy to blow through millions per year on crazy cars and houses. 10 mill would last him way longer than a guy like Conor.
True, seems like all he’s into is weed, liquor, and triathlon’s. Think it would be hard to blow thru $5-$10 million with that lifestyle.