Nick Diaz STOLE Carlos Condit's SOUL!!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Carlos was 27-5 over a 9.5 year career before he fought Nick and he is 2-5 over the proceeding five years (he's only 32)....

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
So someone who hasn't won a meaningful fight in YEARS has stolen the soul of someone who has been top 3-5 for a decade? Ok...

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I think Condit gave his own soul away the moment he decided to go with that lame ass game plan. Condit was 27-5 with like 13 Tko/Ko and 13 submission victories, he was definitely a top finisher. His nickname is Natural Born Killer. He finished Rory, Dan Hardy, and Stungun in a row before the Diaz fight. He comes out throwing and swinging with awesome technique even against hard hitter like the Robbie Lawler.

But only on that day, he decided to sell his soul and go for the "plan". Nick was definitely in his head.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
At the risk of sounding like a hater, how many of Condits wins have been against top 10 guys? Guess I could look it up, but I'm tired. Seems like most of his wins were in the WEC. He still has a lot of fight left in him, physically speaking. I just don't know if he's into it anymore. He seemed to have a foot out the door when he was on Rogan, if I recall.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
I think Condit gave his own soul away the moment he decided to go with that lame ass game plan. Condit was 27-5 with like 13 Tko/Ko and 13 submission victories, he was definitely a top finisher. His nickname is Natural Born Killer. He finished Rory, Dan Hardy, and Stungun in a row before the Diaz fight. He comes out throwing and swinging with awesome technique even against hard hitter like the Robbie Lawler.

But only on that day, he decided to sell his soul and go for the "plan". Nick was definitely in his head.
Disagree. That fight got Carlos a shot at GSP - it was a smart business move to change his style.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Condit is probably the #5 all time Welterweight.

1) Georges
2) Hughes
3) Shields
4) Robbie
5) Carlos

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
Condit is probably the #5 all time Welterweight.

1) Georges
2) Hughes
3) Shields
4) Robbie
5) Carlos
Jake is an interesting choice. I'm not sure that I'd disagree but he's not one that stands out or even comes to mind when I initially think of great histories at 170.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Disagree. That fight got Carlos a shot at GSP - it was a smart business move to change his style.
Ok. Look at Condit's face When Buffer announced the winner. There was guilt written all over. Plus, he mentioned in Rogan podcast that fight still haunts him and wanted a rematch with Diaz.

Could u tell me one instance in history of MMA when a winner of fight asks for the rematch?

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Jake is an interesting choice. I'm not sure that I'd disagree but he's not one that stands out or even comes to mind when I initially think of great histories at 170.
Jake had that crazy win streak one time.

Jake beat Okami and Condit in one night to win the ROTR title.

Jake was the Strikeforce middle weight champ and finished Robbie Lawler.

Jake took 2 h-bombs and survived and went to beat Hendo.

I see ur point Jake had lots of success in the MW, not so much WW but thats cuz his homey Diaz was active in WW. But I think he's a pretty good candidate as top 5 WW looking at his accomplishments.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Poor thing Nick Diaz can't even win 1 fights for years , and soon it will be a decade.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Paul Daley knocked nick out better than Hendo knocked fedor out

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
So someone who hasn't won a meaningful fight in YEARS has stolen the soul of someone who has been top 3-5 for a decade? Ok...
Soul stealing is a complicated affair and currently the Diaz-Condit debate is ongoing between the top Soul Theft scholars.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Soul stealing is complicated, kind of like US tax code, so this case is highly debatable.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Ok. Look at Condit's face When Buffer announced the winner. There was guilt written all over. Plus, he mentioned in Rogan podcast that fight still haunts him and wanted a rematch with Diaz.

Could u tell me one instance in history of MMA when a winner of fight asks for the rematch?
I can't, but it was a smart business move for Carlos to fight the way he did.

If he goes against Nick with the same approach he did to Stungun/Hardy/WEC days, he will finish Nick.

Face it: Nick just isn't that good. He hasn't beaten a top name in a LONG time.