General Nicotinamide riboside

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Any of you forum science-types ever looked at the science behind this? Thoughts?

If this thread gets ignored, I’ll keep coming up with bullshit reasons to post on it and keep it near the top.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Did a quick Google, sounds maybe too good to be true. But I have no clue.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Is that the pesticide?
It is a big supplement among the longevity crowd.

Nicotinamide riboside is a member of the vitamin B3 family. It is found in small amounts in fruits, vegetables, meat, and milk.

Nicotinamide riboside is used for anti-aging effects, high cholesterol, obesity, and other conditions.

Nicotinamide riboside is changed in the body to a chemical called NAD+. The body needs NAD+ to work normally. Low levels of NAD+ can cause medical problems. Taking nicotinamide riboside can help raise these low NAD+ levels.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It is a big supplement among the longevity crowd.

Nicotinamide riboside is a member of the vitamin B3 family. It is found in small amounts in fruits, vegetables, meat, and milk.

Nicotinamide riboside is used for anti-aging effects, high cholesterol, obesity, and other conditions.

Nicotinamide riboside is changed in the body to a chemical called NAD+. The body needs NAD+ to work normally. Low levels of NAD+ can cause medical problems. Taking nicotinamide riboside can help raise these low NAD+ levels.
And unfortunately there's no good science to back that up at this time.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Elysium Health is one of the brands selling it.....

Among the scientific heavyweights advising Elysium Health are Martin Karplus, emeritus professor of chemistry at Harvard and a 2013 Nobel Laureate; Tom Sudhof, a Stanford School of Medicine professor who received a Nobel in 2013; Eric Kandel, a biochemist and biophysicist at Columbia University and a 2000 Nobel Laureate; Aaron Ciechanover, distinguished research professor at Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and a 2004 Nobel recipient; and Jack Szostak, a professor of genetics at Harvard Medical School who received a Nobel in 2009.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Without googling I know that nicotineamide is Vitamin C.
Fuck knows what the other bit is, but hey - your thread is now bumped.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
New York post says it’s the best thing ever.

interestingly so does Rudi.

he isn’t a nonce. Just likes young girls 60 years younger than him.

sounds legit