General Ninja foodi

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
What you make?
Chicken mostly. Cook it the same time as you do the rice. It does a great job with wings.

I did french toast this morning with the air crisper.

Did some pasta with a meat sauce this afternoon that turned out awesome.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Chicken mostly. Cook it the same time as you do the rice. It does a great job with wings.

I did french toast this morning with the air crisper.

Did some pasta with a meat sauce this afternoon that turned out awesome.
How about fries or onion rings? Do they get crispy?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
How about fries or onion rings? Do they get crispy?
I did potato wedges. They turned out great. Haven't tried onion rings.

The only thing I don't like is that there are 2 lids. The air crisp one is permanently attached, but the pressure cooker one is separate. It's convenient to use, but it is a bit cumbersome for storage. Although I've used it so often these first couple of weeks I've just left it out.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Oh yeah, I did biscuits and gravy in it too. That was really good. The biscuits turned out perfect. I just used the regular Grands biscuits - i didn't make my own or anything.

The pressure cooker has a bit of a learning curve if you are adopting your own recipes because you have to set the timer for the pressure cooker and the method of pressure release matters too (quick release or natural) - just like a regular pressure cooker.

But the crisper/broiler lid is permanently attached and you can lift that whenever you want to check on the food. It pauses when you lift it, then starts back up again when you close it. Very convenient.

I'm sure I'll use it this week. I will take some pics of the process.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I know a bunch of us have instant pots and a few have air fryers but this thing is both for not much more than the cost of one.

Ninja® Foodi™ TenderCrisp™ Pressure Cooker | Canadian Tire

I’ve watched a few videos and I’m thinking about getting my parents one. Anyone here tried it or know somebody who has?
Did biscuits and gravy again. Snapped some pics for you.

Brown the sausage...

If it's shitty sausage, you might want to spoon it out when it's done and get rid of your grease. Then add your milk, bisquick, salt and pepper and bring it to a boil in the same pan.

Once it starts to thicken, insert the rack that comes with the Foodi and lay out your biscuits. I used a standard tube of Grands biscuits. I set it on the air crisper and just kept checking them until they looked done. Took maybe 7 minutes? I used the lower rack which left them about 1/2" from the gravy. Not sure if this is right or not - I'm just winging this shit.

Obligatory close up of finished product with fork in the background...

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Did biscuits and gravy again. Snapped some pics for you.

Brown the sausage...

If it's shitty sausage, you might want to spoon it out when it's done and get rid of your grease. Then add your milk, bisquick, salt and pepper and bring it to a boil in the same pan.

Once it starts to thicken, insert the rack that comes with the Foodi and lay out your biscuits. I used a standard tube of Grands biscuits. I set it on the air crisper and just kept checking them until they looked done. Took maybe 7 minutes? I used the lower rack which left them about 1/2" from the gravy. Not sure if this is right or not - I'm just winging this shit.

Obligatory close up of finished product with fork in the background...

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
I have a Air Fryer I got as a wedding present last year.

Has served me well making all kinds of stuff.

Been thinking of getting a pressure cooker.

This looks like it may be best of both worlds.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I have a Air Fryer I got as a wedding present last year.

Has served me well making all kinds of stuff.

Been thinking of getting a pressure cooker.

This looks like it may be best of both worlds.
Nothing is going to pressure cook like a pressure cooker, but I have to say, the convenience of not needing to monitor your food with the instant pot has me only using the pressure cooker for large things like ribs.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Nothing is going to pressure cook like a pressure cooker, but I have to say, the convenience of not needing to monitor your food with the instant pot has me only using the pressure cooker for large things like ribs.
Yeah I really wanna try to make some slow cooked roast in a pressure cooker.

Seen recipes online and videos that have me licking the screen.

Haven't popped on getting one since I'm clueless on the matter.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Yeah I really wanna try to make some slow cooked roast in a pressure cooker.

Seen recipes online and videos that have me licking the screen.

Haven't popped on getting one since I'm clueless on the matter.
My first pot roast I cooked in my instant pot was literally the best I have ever had. I didn't have beef broth, so I substituted red wine for the liquid and it turned out amazing. What you have to take into consideration though is the cook times aren't accurate if you think about how long 7ntil you get to eat. It is 10-15 minutes to bring it up to pressure, then with meats it's also a slow release at the end which is another 10 minutes. If you brown the meat first, add another 6-10 minutes onto the cook time, and if you are doing veggies, another 5 minutes, plus the 10-15 minutes or the instant to come to pressure.

Basically what I'm saying is 1 hour pot roast is more likely 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
My first pot roast I cooked in my instant pot was literally the best I have ever had. I didn't have beef broth, so I substituted red wine for the liquid and it turned out amazing. What you have to take into consideration though is the cook times aren't accurate if you think about how long 7ntil you get to eat. It is 10-15 minutes to bring it up to pressure, then with meats it's also a slow release at the end which is another 10 minutes. If you brown the meat first, add another 6-10 minutes onto the cook time, and if you are doing veggies, another 5 minutes, plus the 10-15 minutes or the instant to come to pressure.

Basically what I'm saying is 1 hour pot roast is more likely 1 hour and 45 minutes.
That took me a few tries to get used to. Also the amount of liquid they tell you to put in seems to be too much. I too have made ribs and roasts in my pot that we’re superior to anything I’ve made using other methods.

In my experience, Pasta sauce and curries are much better on the stove because there is no replacement for giving a sauce time for flavours to get to know each other.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015