NJPW Power Struggle

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Takes place November 3rd.

Partial card has been announced.

• ??? vs. ??? (Super Jr. Tag League 2018 Tournament Finals)
  • Chaos (Beretta & Kazuchika Okada) vs. Firing Squad (Bad Luck Fale & “Switchblade” Jay White)
  • David Finlay & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi)
  • Taichi (c) vs. Will Ospreay (NEVER Openweight Championship)
  • Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
  • Chris Jericho (c) vs. EVIL (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Or at least a planned party schedule with the NJPW World chrome add on

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Ospreay is out with an injury.

From NJPW:

It is with a heavy heart that we must announce that Will Osprey will miss the event in Osaka on November 3rd (Sat). As such the NEVER Openweight Championship match has been canceled.

Having become injured in the UK, Will Ospreay has been undergoing treatment. However, his treatment has not progressed as quickly as we had hoped and unfortunately, he will have to miss the event on November 3 (Saturday) in Osaka Prefectural Gym (Edion Arena Osaka).

As a result, the NEVER Openweight Championship match (Taichi vs Will Ospreay), scheduled for the same event, will be canceled.

We offer our sincerest apologies to our fans who were looking forward to this championship match. Good luck Will, we look forward to your return at upcoming events.

New Japan Pro Wrestling Co., Ltd.

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
S @Super Dave I am sure you have watched it

Bozy @Bozy BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC have you all?

Think this is a great event to live chat about. Think the WWE PPV threads down a bit, think this is a step in a good direction. Can share my account since I dont think tjey have any limits to how many locations log in. And also think Frankie would love it! (As you dare reject me @‘ing you for Monday Night Raw. I did it out of sincerity damnit!)

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
S @Super Dave I am sure you have watched it

Bozy @Bozy BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC have you all?

Think this is a great event to live chat about. Think the WWE PPV threads down a bit, think this is a step in a good direction. Can share my account since I dont think tjey have any limits to how many locations log in. And also think Frankie would love it! (As you dare reject me @‘ing you for Monday Night Raw. I did it out of sincerity damnit!)
I have.
Eagerly awaiting Wrestle Kingdom!

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
I have.
Eagerly awaiting Wrestle Kingdom!
So many amazing things set up.

Ishimori vs Kushida is top tier hype for me. The second I saw Ishimori hit a German Suplex while sliding out of the ring, I fell in love.

Also how about Okada amd Tanahashi Mega Powering it?

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
So many amazing things set up.

Ishimori vs Kushida is top tier hype for me. The second I saw Ishimori hit a German Suplex while sliding out of the ring, I fell in love.

Also how about Okada amd Tanahashi Mega Powering it?
Very exciting!
Kushida vs Isimori. Jericho. Okada/Tanahashi. All greats things coming.

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
Very exciting!
Kushida vs Isimori. Jericho. Okada/Tanahashi. All greats things coming.
I did have a moment of ignorant frustration with my NJPW knowledgable friend about Jericho. When he declined the challenge I immediately sent him “Can he do that?!” And he mentioned how NJPW works, which I have gotten better at, but still mad about, because technically Naito does not have a claim for the belt. So goddamnit.

Also did you think Ishii was concussed after that match? Because I cannot fathom why he did not take his belt afterwards

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I did have a moment of ignorant frustration with my NJPW knowledgable friend about Jericho. When he declined the challenge I immediately sent him “Can he do that?!” And he mentioned how NJPW works, which I have gotten better at, but still mad about, because technically Naito does not have a claim for the belt. So goddamnit.

Also did you think Ishii was concussed after that match? Because I cannot fathom why he did not take his belt afterwards
Technically no but a lot can happen before January. I bet we'll still get Jericho/Naito at WK13.

I must have missed that but they go pretty hard so slightly concussed might not be far off. Maybe he forgot he was defending the belt since they were in Japan?

ShakaSway

Oct 18, 2015
Technically no but a lot can happen before January. I bet we'll still get Jericho/Naito at WK13.

I must have missed that but they go pretty hard so slightly concussed might not be far off. Maybe he forgot he was defending the belt since they were in Japan?
I became a kid again when I saw that. I actually hated Jericho. Sure we will get Jericho Naito 2, but at the same time with how New Japan has claims for title shots rather than odd challenges, made sense that Jericho could deny it.

Man, I rewatched that match twice, and the way they gunshot forearms at each other, plausible? But yeah, he got the win and just walks off while the ref tries to hand him the British championship. Was great, and many Young Lions were spared I noticed