Society NK + SK Coming Soon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your stance on this topic. It's great to hear an opinion that is rooted in fact and not some bullshit, all-encompassing stereotype.
What stereotype is this? You knew one vietnamese guy in high school (and he wasn't even your friend so you didn't actually know him) what do you know about Korean etiquette?

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What stereotype is this? You knew one vietnamese guy in high school (and he wasn't even your friend so you didn't actually know him) what do you know about Korean etiquette?
And you think all Asians are Koreans.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Nguyen and I were friends. How dare you.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
North Korea threatens to scrap summit with Trump
North Korea cancelled a high-level meeting with South Korea early on Wednesday morning and threatened to scrap a historic summit next month between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un over military exercises between Seoul and Washington that Pyongyang has long claimed are invasion rehearsals.

The surprise declaration, which came in a pre-dawn dispatch in North Korea's state media, appears to cool what had been an unusual flurry of outreach from a country that last year conducted a provocative series of weapons tests that had many fearing the region was on the edge of war.

It's still unclear, however, whether the North intends to scuttle all diplomacy or merely wants to gain leverage ahead of the planned June 12 talks between Kim and Trump.

North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) called joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises a "provocation" and said Pyongyang had no choice but to suspend the talks.

"This exercise, targeting us, which is being carried out across South Korea, is a flagrant challenge to the Panmunjom Declaration and an intentional military provocation running counter to the positive political development on the Korean Peninsula," the Seoul-based Yonhap news agency quoted KCNA as saying.

KNCA also cast doubt on the Kim-Trump summit.

"The United States will also have to undertake careful deliberations about the fate of the planned North Korea-U.S. summit in light of this provocative military ruckus jointly conducted with the South Korean authorities."

KCNA said the North objected to the two-week "Max Thunder" air combat drills, which began Monday and reportedly involve about 100 aircraft.

Those aircraft, according to KCNA, include nuclear-capable B-52 bombers and stealth F-22 fighter jets, two of the U.S. military assets it has previously said are aimed at launching nuclear strikes on the North.

Annual military drills between Washington and Seoul have long been a major source of contention between the Koreas, and analysts have wondered whether their continuation would hurt the détente that, since an outreach by Kim in January, has replaced the insults and threats of war.

Earlier — and much larger — springtime drills, which Washington and Seoul toned down, went off without the North's typically fiery condemnation or accompanying weapons tests.

In Washington, the U.S. State Department emphasized that Kim had previously indicated he understood the need and purpose of the U.S. continuing its long-planned exercises with South Korea.

State department spokesperson Heather Nauert said the U.S. had not heard anything directly from Pyongyang or Seoul that would change that.

"We will continue to go ahead and plan the meeting," Nauert said.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
LOL. Paging Squealin' Banchan @Banchan in 3..... 2...... 1........
Told u boo. :(
I'm not happy at all. I just knew this would happened though. Which is why I'm am unhappy when they make promises without first rolling any wheels. Just pretty pictures and idealist promises that always fall apart . . . Millions of dollars later. They are too cauky with their nuclear capabilities unless that regime erupts from the inside it is best just to ignore them and not get the hopes dashed.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Scrap or not they wont give enough to satisfy US to include North Korea as a trade partner etc. And Kim will "allegedly" start selling weapons to Iran and other hostile places and they will be in the doghouse again.
so what odds would you put on the summit still happening?

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
so what odds would you put on the summit still happening?
Kim has nothing to lose by going. Worst that happens is nothing and he goes back to boasting about continuing the nuclear program but you see he is in a total position of idgaf going into the talks by threatening to cancel versus what some people here seem to think he's going because he's scared. Imo he's going because he's a greedy fat pig and China is economically slowing down. He wants to diversify his economy.

Imo The summit happening doesn't matter. Kim is not have any genuine intention to denuclearize and he's going to waste everyone's time and money by refusing to allow inspectors to examine their nuclear facilities and stockpiles adequately to satisfy a deal that the US will get on board with. Then Kim will talk about how they were willing to denuclearize but US lied about X and Y and Z so they will restart their program and on and on. He just wants to see what he can get if he were to holding off for a bit. However he feels a sense of entitlement. Even he deals with South Korea he comes from position of "you have to make it worth my while or I continue to defy you" rhetoric I feel will not go far with Trump.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Kim has nothing to lose by going. Worst that happens is nothing and he goes back to boasting about continuing the nuclear program but you see he is in a total position of idgaf going into the talks by threatening to cancel versus what some people here seem to think he's going because he's scared. Imo he's going because he's a greedy fat pig and China is economically slowing down. He wants to diversify his economy.

Imo The summit happening doesn't matter. Kim is not have any genuine intention to denuclearize and he's going to waste everyone's time and money by refusing to allow inspectors to examine their nuclear facilities and stockpiles adequately to satisfy a deal that the US will get on board with. Then Kim will talk about how they were willing to denuclearize but US lied about X and Y and Z so they will restart their program and on and on. He just wants to see what he can get if he were to holding off for a bit. However he feels a sense of entitlement. Even he deals with South Korea he comes from position of "you have to make it worth my while or I continue to defy you" rhetoric I feel will not go far with Trump.
Any chance his nuclear site has already been destroyed?