No gi day wear for son?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Hey. So, my eight year old started BJJ today and they have some no gi days. What should I get him to wear on those days? I think I need something fairly unbranded...

Thanks in advance. :blush:

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Exactly what Jdog93 @Jdog93 said. Get a generic compression rash guard (a “surfing” one is fine and likely cheaper than a “BJJ” one) and grappling board shorts (no pockets).
If he is going to be sticking with the no-gi Grappling, get him a team rash guard and shorts from the gym he trains at instead.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Thanks. I’ll see what they have there Saturday. I don’t know how expensive they are for their stuff. I didn’t really see anything compression for kids, though, hanging along the wall.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
My kids wear rash guards every day, even when they're not at BJJ. They're like a couple of Danahers. They're sold everywhere from the cheap Champions stuff at Target up to UA and everything in between. It doesn't have to be super tight.

It's much harder to find shorts without pockets.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Thanks. I’ll see what they have there Saturday. I don’t know how expensive they are for their stuff. I didn’t really see anything compression for kids, though, hanging along the wall.
good for you mom...very cool

the BJJ thing I mean

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
My kids wear rash guards every day, even when they're not at BJJ. They're like a couple of Danahers. They're sold everywhere from the cheap Champions stuff at Target up to UA and everything in between. It doesn't have to be super tight.

It's much harder to find shorts without pockets.
Ohhhh, that is some scary shit
a whole generation of Danahers coming up

people better mind their P's and Q's in the future

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Thanks, guys. He went to his first no gi class this week and he really liked it! He’s trying really hard, but he does not want to give up.

ronniejohnson09

Aug 2, 2022
Preventing Injury and allowing the children to compete without injury is pretty important in nogi classes. it shouldn't be a secret that there would be a lot of friction in the bjj no-gi class. So they must be equipped with protective gear. So you should try elite sports for kids compression rashguards and other protective gear for no-gi classes. Good luck with his endeavors.

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
No matter which you decide to choose, you should know that these, just like the Gi, are for protection and have no tactical value. This means that the types of jiu-jitsu will vary, but the result will be similar. Don’t let that scare you off!