Sci/Tech "No Negative Side Effects of Marijuana Use"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I'm really not. I haven't moved any goal posts.

Did you read this, in your study? Or just the ccn talking points?

"Limitations
Some limitations of this study are noteworthy. First, parents or caregivers retrospectively reported on cannabis use during pregnancy that occurred approximately 10 years earlier, which may have resulted in biased reporting and misclassification.71 For example, retrospective report of substance use during pregnancy 14 years earlier has been found to be more common than antenatal report and more strongly correlated with child outcomes (eg, measured birth weight and behavioral problems).71 Although these findings may indicate greater accuracy during retrospective recall, they could also reflect recall bias related to children contemporaneously experiencing problems. However, ABCD Study prevalence estimates of self-reported prenatal cannabis use align with toxicology-based prevalence estimates from national data sets collected during the years these children were born.72

Second, although the ABCD Study is, to our knowledge, the largest integrative study of child health and substance use and among the largest studies of prenatal exposure and child outcomes (the number of exposed children exceeded entire samples from other studies),21 there was a proportionally small number of participants who were exposed to cannabis prenatally, thereby reducing power. Third, THC concentration differs between fetuses whose mothers use cannabis once per month compared with once per day.15 There are limited or no data on potency, frequency (see Results), timing, or quantity of cannabis exposure in this data set. It will be important for future efforts to better understand the impact of dosage, strain, and method of ingestion.73 Fourth, while we were able to account for many known familial, pregnancy-related, and child-related confounding variables, the role of unmeasured confounders cannot be discounted. Relatedly, while we account for underlying genetic vulnerability using both familial history and PGS, it is possible that the current genome-wide association studies from which PGS weighting was estimated do not adequately represent genetic risk for the specific child outcomes under study (eTables 15 and 16 in the Supplement)."
You're not making any sense.

Empirical and anecdotal evidence has proven that marijuana has a negative impact in cognitive function. I have proven this in this thread.

Meanwhile, you posted a quack study that says 90 year olds MAY benefit from minuscule doses of THC.

Quitting weed would be easier for you than continuing your nonsensical line of argument.

The Pendulum

AI Posting
Dec 30, 2015
You're not making any sense.

Empirical and anecdotal evidence has proven that marijuana has a negative impact in cognitive function. I have proven this in this thread.

Meanwhile, you posted a quack study that says 90 year olds MAY benefit from minuscule doses of THC.

Quitting weed would be easier for you than continuing your nonsensical line of argument.
You posted a study, that has exactly those issues I posted above, with no mention of in the CNN article.

Do I really need to explain to your low IQ brain just exactly why recall reflection bias is a problem?

How about the lack of controls that CNN fails to acknowledge? Because that's a big one, when trying to do any kind of study, of any actual value.

How about you just admit you didn't actually read the study you posted, and stop trying to make an argument I'm not. That'd be swell.

Just so you get to see this again, from your study.

"There are limited or no data on potency, frequency (see Results), timing, or quantity of cannabis exposure in this data set."

M

member 3289

You posted a study, that has exactly those issues I posted above, with no mention of in the CNN article.

Do I really need to explain to your low IQ brain just exactly why recall reflection bias is a problem?

How about the lack of controls that CNN fails to acknowledge? Because that's a big one, when trying to do any kind of study, of any actual value.

How about you just admit you didn't actually read the study you posted, and stop trying to make an argument I'm not. That'd be swell.

Just so you get to see this again, from your study.

"There are limited or no data on potency, frequency (see Results), timing, or quantity of cannabis exposure in this data set."
Now the ad hominem attacks start lol.

I've proven that smoking weed makes you dumb. These women smoked weed while pregnant and had dumb kids.

You don't even know what you're arguing any more. Just give up and go hit the bong, cheech.

The Pendulum

AI Posting
Dec 30, 2015
Now the ad hominem attacks start lol.

I've proven that smoking weed makes you dumb. These women smoked weed while pregnant and had dumb kids.

You don't even know what you're arguing any more. Just give up and go hit the bong, cheech.
Refusing to acknowledge the limiting factors in the study you posted, which cast doubt on any and all conclusions that could be drawn, because of a flawed method of data collection. Super clever of you.

My claim was there's an argument that it helps people think more clearly. There is not only thousands of anecdotal testimonies that would confirm this, but now scientific research showing exactly that, in mice.

Maybe you aren't up to speed on Andreas Zimmer, but he did a study in the 90s that confirmed THC consumption can increase mortality rate, lethargy, and reduce the ability to feel pain, in mice.

So imagine what it would take for that guy, to turn around and say

"That is something we absolutely did not expect: the old animals [that received] THC looked most similar to the young untreated control mice"

Researchers led by Andreas Zimmer of the University of Bonn in Germany gave low doses of delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, marijuana’s main active ingredient, to young, mature and aged mice. As expected, young mice treated with THC performed slightly worse on behavioral tests of memory and learning. For example, after receiving THC, young mice took longer to learn where a safe platform was hidden in a water maze, and they had a harder time recognizing another mouse to which they had previously been exposed. Without the drug, mature and aged mice performed worse on the tests than young ones did. But after the elderly animals were given THC, their performances improved to the point that they resembled those of young, untreated mice. “The effects were very robust, very profound,” Zimmer says.

"Quack study"

M

member 3289

Refusing to acknowledge the limiting factors in the study you posted, which cast doubt on any and all conclusions that could be drawn, because of a flawed method of data collection. Super clever of you.
Like I said, you're grasping at straws.

now scientific research showing exactly that, in mice.
Lol

confirmed THC consumption can increase lethargy
Yes, it makes you dumb and lazy. Glad we agree.

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
it absolutely makes me dumb and lazy.
and hungry and horny
i went 45 years without ever doing pot
still never have smoked it, but i'll eat it
now i understand why so many wanna just stay home on weed all day
beating off high is awesome!

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
it absolutely makes me dumb and lazy.
and hungry and horny
i went 45 years without ever doing pot
still never have smoked it, but i'll eat it
now i understand why so many wanna just stay home on weed all day
beating off high is awesome!
You should try sex with a real woman while on the devils lettuce.