Sci/Tech "No Negative Side Effects of Marijuana Use"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Pendulum

AI Posting
Dec 30, 2015
I think it depends on your personality type.

There are clear overachiever stoners, and then there's the vast majority.

Maybe there's an argument that it helps you think clearer.

I know it slows my brain down.

The Pendulum

AI Posting
Dec 30, 2015
M

member 3289

'“That is something we absolutely did not expect: the old animals [that received] THC looked most similar to the young untreated control mice,” Zimmer says.

The findings raise the intriguing possibility that THC and other “cannabinoids” might act as antiaging molecules in the brain.'

Weird, huh?

Then you've got stuff like this.

Key word: possibility. That means it hasn't been proven or even tested most likely.

Stop smoking weed if you want to be smarter.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Key word: possibility. That means it hasn't been proven or even tested most likely.

I'm not sure if I believe weed improving memory and learning from that study.

just from my own experience smoking weed for like maybe 18-20 years off and on one of the reasons I quit was that my memory and other cognitive functions were a lot worse on weed.

My memory is way better now than I cut out the weed and booze.

through out the years I noticed any period of time I would quit smoking weed my memory and learning/cognitive functions was improved or functioned better.

The Pendulum

AI Posting
Dec 30, 2015

Yeah, possibility is a great word.

Stem cell therapy was a possibility once, how'd that turn out?

But where's the money?

Organs get higher returns over a plant, and people are willing to pay.

Also from my first link, just cos.

'“A critical takeaway of this study is that they used low doses,” Ware says, considering that different doses could have entirely different effects.'

You actually gonna put some info on the table, or just your projections?

M

member 3289

Yeah, possibility is a great word.

Stem cell therapy was a possibility once, how'd that turn out?

But where's the money?

Organs get higher returns over a plant, and people are willing to pay.

Also from my first link, just cos.

'“A critical takeaway of this study is that they used low doses,” Ware says, considering that different doses could have entirely different effects.'

You actually gonna put some info on the table, or just your projections?
My OP contains the only credible study either of us has posted

The Pendulum

AI Posting
Dec 30, 2015
My OP contains the only credible study either of us has posted
Right, for pregnancy?

"A new study found it may increase psychotic-like behaviors in children."

Another possibility, right?

Because this, is also from my first link.

'We know the endogenous cannabinoid system is very dynamic; it goes through changes over the life span,” says Ryan McLaughlin, a researcher who studies cannabis and stress at Washington State University and was not involved in the current work. Research has shown that the cannabinoid system develops gradually during childhood, “and then it blows up in adolescence—you see increased activity of its enzymes and receptors,” McLaughlin says. “Then as we age, it’s on a steady decline.”'

Funnily enough, screen addiction will cause psychotic like behaviour to manifest in children.

What are children more exposed to?

M

member 3289

Right, for pregnancy?

"A new study found it may increase psychotic-like behaviors in children."

Another possibility, right?

Because this, is also from my first link.

'We know the endogenous cannabinoid system is very dynamic; it goes through changes over the life span,” says Ryan McLaughlin, a researcher who studies cannabis and stress at Washington State University and was not involved in the current work. Research has shown that the cannabinoid system develops gradually during childhood, “and then it blows up in adolescence—you see increased activity of its enzymes and receptors,” McLaughlin says. “Then as we age, it’s on a steady decline.”'

Funnily enough, screen addiction will cause psychotic like behaviour to manifest in children.

What are children more exposed to?
You're grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to move the goalposts.

Smoking weed makes you stupid, get over it

The Pendulum

AI Posting
Dec 30, 2015
You're grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to move the goalposts.

Smoking weed makes you stupid, get over it
I'm really not. I haven't moved any goal posts.

Did you read this, in your study? Or just the ccn talking points?

"Limitations
Some limitations of this study are noteworthy. First, parents or caregivers retrospectively reported on cannabis use during pregnancy that occurred approximately 10 years earlier, which may have resulted in biased reporting and misclassification.71 For example, retrospective report of substance use during pregnancy 14 years earlier has been found to be more common than antenatal report and more strongly correlated with child outcomes (eg, measured birth weight and behavioral problems).71 Although these findings may indicate greater accuracy during retrospective recall, they could also reflect recall bias related to children contemporaneously experiencing problems. However, ABCD Study prevalence estimates of self-reported prenatal cannabis use align with toxicology-based prevalence estimates from national data sets collected during the years these children were born.72

Second, although the ABCD Study is, to our knowledge, the largest integrative study of child health and substance use and among the largest studies of prenatal exposure and child outcomes (the number of exposed children exceeded entire samples from other studies),21 there was a proportionally small number of participants who were exposed to cannabis prenatally, thereby reducing power. Third, THC concentration differs between fetuses whose mothers use cannabis once per month compared with once per day.15 There are limited or no data on potency, frequency (see Results), timing, or quantity of cannabis exposure in this data set. It will be important for future efforts to better understand the impact of dosage, strain, and method of ingestion.73 Fourth, while we were able to account for many known familial, pregnancy-related, and child-related confounding variables, the role of unmeasured confounders cannot be discounted. Relatedly, while we account for underlying genetic vulnerability using both familial history and PGS, it is possible that the current genome-wide association studies from which PGS weighting was estimated do not adequately represent genetic risk for the specific child outcomes under study (eTables 15 and 16 in the Supplement)."