No stress for Kyoji Horiguchi – he's just going to KO Demetrious Johnson at UFC 186

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

– For the second straight fight, Demetrious Johnson is a heavy favorite to defend his flyweight title. And Kyoji Horiguchi just doesn’t care.

Heavy might actually be an understatement. At upwards of 10-1, “Mighty Mouse” is into massive territory with the oddsmakers, just like he was when he hit 13-1 this past September against Chris Cariaso.

On the flip side, Johnson’s (21-2-1 MMA, 9-1-1 UFC) opponent on Saturday in the UFC 186 main event, Horiguchi (15-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC), has never been this big of an underdog. For the Japanese standout, a former Shooto bantamweight champ, it’s been the opposite. He’s used to being a big favorite, like in his wins the past half-year over Jon Delos Reyes and Louis Gaudinot.

“I’m very relaxed – the same as other fights,” Horiguchi told MMAjunkie through his interpreter. “What I need to do is what I have to do, anyway. There’s no point for me to spend time (worrying about) other things.”

“Of course, this weekend is my time,” he said. “Johnson may not be expecting my speed. … I’m going to knock him out whenever I have a chance. I can’t predict which round, but within five rounds, I’m going to finish the fight by KO.”

No stress for Kyoji Horiguchi – he’s just going to KO Demetrious Johnson at UFC 186 | MMAjunkie

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like his confidence, but he ain't beating Mighty Mouse.