General #noosehoax

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Banjaxo

Fight the Power
Nov 16, 2019
This. Just because it wasn't directed at Bubba and the media made it into something it wasn't doesn't change the fact that having a noose as a garage pull chord is a fucked up thing to do.

If you want a loop on the end of a chord there are much simpler ways to do it than to tie a noose. The symbolsm behind doing something like that is pretty obvious.
A noose is a slip knot, so if it was being used as a door pull then it won't have been a noose, otherwise it would have tightened around the fingers of everyone that used it.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
A noose is a slip knot, so if it was being used as a door pull then it won't have been a noose, otherwise it would have tightened around the fingers of everyone that used it.
So it wasn't very practical. Someone went out of their way to make it look like a noose. So even worse, imo.

ConorMcGregorsBeard

Stewart Era Liberal
Jul 22, 2015
The knots of a garage pull cord are used like a grip for your bottom 3 fingers. You grip the cord between your thumb and forefinger then youd tighten your hand around the knot with your bottom middle, ring, and pinky.

Hauler

Unknown Member
Feb 3, 2016
Which is why it isn't practical for that application.

If it was just a loop knot, then this is much ado about nothing.

Hauler

Unknown Member
Feb 3, 2016
The knots of a garage pull cord are used like a grip for your bottom 3 fingers. You grip the cord between your thumb and forefinger then youd tighten your hand around the knot with your bottom middle, ring, and pinky.
I only need 2 fingers to pull down a garage door.

The Kurgan

Jan 30, 2015
No way it was a noose, would be useless as handle, the fact the same knot was on every other door should be a give away as well, fucking crazy this was even news worthy or worth an investigation.

When I first saw the head line I assumed a proper noose was left in his garage, not a door pull.

The division machine is in full swing it seems.

Jun 13, 2016
If you ever want an easy way to catch out-of-reach lizards for your son, tie a noose to the end of a fishing pole or long stick using fishing line or dental floss.

If you have a laser pointer it helps get the lizards into the position you want them

View: https://youtu.be/5ngLQHvVGzA
I catch them by hand like a man. My son is getting better everyday. It's all about getting close and striking your hand like a snake. One you get the motion you learn not to crush them. I only catch them for bait unless he wants a bucketful for a weekend terrarium. That's stopped since I got him a leopard gecko15931290262347387580787833855381.jpg