General North Texas is getting lake effect snow.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Most markets in Texas outside of the large urban centers are traditional co-op setups.

The one good thing about the deregulated energy market is that you can sign up 6-month introductory rates and get $0.06 per kilowatt-hour electricity. Then you put a reminder in your phone for 6 months away and change companies. You do that every 6 months.

Like a credit card though, if you missed the change you now are moved to a hyper expensive floating rate that is non competitive.
I guess that's a risk/reward thing individual customers need to figure out then. Seems crazy to me and I would want no part of that.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What generator is everyone buying?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Have to figure out my propane situation first.
Generac in 6 months when the demand goes down.
Supplies of all cold related items out everywhere
Yea, I am planning to try to get this set up before tornado season kicks off. There is another company out of main that makes nice honda based ones as well. I plan to run on CNG with propane as a back up.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Yea, I am planning to try to get this set up before tornado season kicks off. There is another company out of main that makes nice honda based ones as well. I plan to run on CNG with propane as a back up.

If I had gas lines I'd get a 22k and power the whole house.

As is, I need to consider what my propane usage would be and that might dictate a 7.5k to run the essentials and a space heater.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

I wonder how quickly thousands of generators are going to become a problem in a tornado zone

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm aware. I was just speculating that adding a significant number of 500 lbs objects could potentially turn into a new sort of issue.

Although, I will admit, your saltiness today is impressive.
200 lbs.

We already have 500 lbs objects in peoples back yards, we call them smokers.
We also have AC units, those are heavy and outside.