General North Texas is getting lake effect snow.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I just heard a snippet on the radio that said Texan energy bills are souring because of the way the companies have set up their charging system.

Whats that about?

Edit. Stephen Colbert explained it. What a self destructive civilization parts of America are.

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I just heard a snippet on the radio that said Texan energy bills are souring because of the way the companies have set up their charging system.

Whats that about?

Edit. Stephen Colbert explained it. What a self destructive civilization parts of America are.
We privatize things that should be public and fail to put necessary rules and regulations on things that need them because we have been brainwashed to believe capitalism is perfect and the government cant do anything better than private industry can

Both of which are false

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The Fiskars X27 arrived today. I only had a couple pieces of mesquite to try it on, holy shit that's really easy to split wood with.
It's oddly satisfying.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Why didn’t you just get a wood splitter?
I am the wood splitter.
I don't mind doing hard work for fun because I don't work hard or physically for work. I think it's important to do things that suck and are hard.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
We privatize things that should be public and fail to put necessary rules and regulations on things that need them because we have been brainwashed to believe capitalism is perfect and the government cant do anything better than private industry can

Both of which are false

Our utilities companies are privatised too. Owned mainly by the French and German governments who use the profits to subsidise their old folk with cheap energy. How lovely.

But they are reasonably regulated.

Its still a shit show though. And is a disgusting way of profiteering off essential services.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
The Fiskars X27 arrived today. I only had a couple pieces of mesquite to try it on, holy shit that's really easy to split wood with.
It's oddly satisfying.
Nice. I am also getting a new splitting axe, but not the Fiskars. I just had a basic one that I bought at Home Depot with the yellow fiberglass handle. I let my neighbor borrow it a couple of days ago and on like his second swing he overshot the log and busted up the handle right below the bit haha. He is nice enough to replace it for me. I have that and a splitting wedge, which is usually enough for what I need. I try not to collect firewood that is too big around, but if I do start doing that, I will get a log splitter.

I'm stocked up on firewood again, and I didn't have to split too much of it. I felt ok doing it, but after back surgery a few years ago I still feel a little hesitant to go too crazy with a sledge or axe. I think I'm fine, but I definitely do not want to fuck my back up any more than I already have. That surgery is one I hope I never have to repeat.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nice. I am also getting a new splitting axe, but not the Fiskars. I just had a basic one that I bought at Home Depot with the yellow fiberglass handle. I let my neighbor borrow it a couple of days ago and on like his second swing he overshot the log and busted up the handle right below the bit haha. He is nice enough to replace it for me. I have that and a splitting wedge, which is usually enough for what I need. I try not to collect firewood that is too big around, but if I do start doing that, I will get a log splitter.

I'm stocked up on firewood again, and I didn't have to split too much of it. I felt ok doing it, but after back surgery a few years ago I still feel a little hesitant to go too crazy with a sledge or axe. I think I'm fine, but I definitely do not want to fuck my back up any more than I already have. That surgery is one I hope I never have to repeat.
Man if I was in your shoes I wouldn't even fuck with swinging an axe if you can get your hands on a splitter. I'm hoping to start stocking up on wood again this week.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Man if I was in your shoes I wouldn't even fuck with swinging an axe if you can get your hands on a splitter. I'm hoping to start stocking up on wood again this week.
I got a truck bed full of live oak the other day. Most of it is 3 to 6ish-inch diameter, so it was perfect for the fireplace or firepit. There were maybe a half dozen larger ones that I split, but I mostly left the big stuff for someone else to mess with. I'm wasn't going to fuck with splitting the trunk pieces up.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I got a truck bed full of live oak the other day. Most of it is 3 to 6ish-inch diameter, so it was perfect for the fireplace or firepit. There were maybe a half dozen larger ones that I split, but I mostly left the big stuff for someone else to mess with. I'm wasn't going to fuck with splitting the trunk pieces up.
That's awesome!

M

member 1013

Look, if it’s cut down and in your truck it’s no longer alive okay

tree killer!!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Look, if it’s cut down and in your truck it’s no longer alive okay

tree killer!!
the Texas Live Oak trees are awesome and beautiful trees. Many around here that are hundreds of years old (they grow slowly). I think the oldest known one still living in Tx is around 1000 years old or so. It is common all over town to see 400-500 year old ones. I used to want to plant one, but I don't have that much time to watch shit grow

Unfortunately oak wilt has been killing them all over for a while now. This one was an oak wilt casualty, but it still makes really great firewood. Dense and burns slow.

M

member 1013

the Texas Live Oak trees are awesome and beautiful trees. Many around here that are hundreds of years old (they grow slowly). I think the oldest known one still living in Tx is around 1000 years old or so. It is common all over town to see 400-500 year old ones. I used to want to plant one, but I don't have that much time to watch shit grow

Unfortunately oak wilt has been killing them all over for a while now. This one was an oak wilt casualty, but it still makes really great firewood. Dense and burns slow.
It’s still dead doe