Northcutt: I could be fighting at 185 pounds in the future

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After a two-fight run back at lightweight, Sage Northcutt decided to return to welterweight once again. This move proved to be a good one, as he was able to score a second round TKO win against Zak Ottow last weekend, marking his first stoppage win since his UFC debut in 2015.

But according to “Super” Sage, 170-pounds is not the limit. Speaking to reporters after the fight, the 22-year-old Team Alpha Male fighter foresees competing at middleweight in his future.

“I’m still growing, so who knows?” said Northcutt, who stands at 6’0”. “If you look at my brother, my brother’s like 6’4”, and he’s only 19 years old. So, who knows? I hope I’m as tall as him, I might be…

UFC welterweight Sage Northcutt: I could be fighting at 185 pounds in the future

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Only 22 years old and probably less than 5% body fat. He'll definitely fight at WW in the future.

Last edited:

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Only 22 years old and probably less than 5% body fat. He'll definitely fight at WW in the future.

Yeah he's for sure not a MW. He's funny, he's 22 years old, and he said in an interview the other day that his brother is 19 and 6'3" so that means he may grow to be 6'2", not sure why he thinks at 22 he will still get taller.

He is also not 6 ft tall, at most he is 5'11" if I had to guess exact height, I will say he is 5'10" 1/2 and would be perfect for the 165 lb division we need. Zack Ottow is listed at 5'11" and Sage is a tad bit shorter than him.

Too big for 155, but way too small for MW, kind of a small 170 to be honest. So as I was saying, he is ideal for the 165 lb weightclass and WW should simply be 175 and not 170 anymore.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Lol, this kid cracks me up. He’s so squeaky clean with his image, and corny as hell - but I find it enjoyable. It’s almost satirical, like he’s a character in a mockumentarty.

But.....at 22 he ain’t shooting up to 6’5” for fucks sake :D

I’m glad to see him with a real team now. He’s young enough that he still has lots of time to grow and develop as an MMArtist. I think we’re still yet to see his best in the octagon.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
Lol, this kid cracks me up. He’s so squeaky clean with his image, and corny as hell - but I find it enjoyable. It’s almost satirical, like he’s a character in a mockumentarty.

But.....at 22 he ain’t shooting up to 6’5” for fucks sake :D

I’m glad to see him with a real team now. He’s young enough that he still has lots of time to grow and develop as an MMArtist. I think we’re still yet to see his best in the octagon.
I was 6 ft in 8th grade, and that was as tall as i was all through high school. I spent my whole life thinking I was 6ft tall, then had to spend like a week in the hospital when I was 35 and they told me I was 6'2".
So somehow in my 20s I grew 2 inches and didn't know it.
I didn't even know that was possible.
I spent almost the last 20 years thinking I was 6ft tall when really I was 6 ft 2 inches.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I was 6 ft in 8th grade, and that was as tall as i was all through high school. I spent my whole life thinking I was 6ft tall, then had to spend like a week in the hospital when I was 35 and they told me I was 6'2".
So somehow in my 20s I grew 2 inches and didn't know it.
I didn't even know that was possible.
I spent almost the last 20 years thinking I was 6ft tall when really I was 6 ft 2 inches.

Going by what you wrote, you where 6 ft tall while in grade 8, then at 35 you are 6'2" , that does not mean you grew in your 20's, that just means you did not record you height after 14, and probably by 18 years old you grew to 6'2" but did not find out till 35

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Crazy to think he's only 22.

I root for him. Like I said before he has every reason in the book to be an absolute cunt (rich boy, muscular, good looking, jock, etc), instead he's probably the nicest guy in the sport. Sickeningly nice.

It would be hilarious to see him against someone ghetto like Mike Perry.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Meltzer:
Sage Northcutt’s win against Zak Ottow last weekend was the final fight on Northcutt’s current UFC contract. He’ll become a free agent if he doesn’t re-sign within the UFC’s exclusive negotiation period.